Chapter 41

Once Aaliyah left Killa's house she went to Carmen's. She sat in the car for a moment before going in because she was so confused about things. She didn't understand when feelings started growing for her from Killa or if there was really any feelings at all.

Aaliyah finally got out the car and walked in the house. Carmen was just going from the backyard.

"Hey, girl", Carmen said with a smile.

"Hey", Aaliyah said.

Carmen walked to the remote control and grabbed it.

"I need to talk to you about something", Aaliyah said in a tone of her doing something wrong.

Carmen got a little nervous. "What?", she asked trying not to show her nervousness.

"Sit down", Aaliyah said.

"I take news better when I'm standing because if it's something bad than imma stand up anyways so...just go ahead", Carmen said.

"Um...", Aaliyah said as she looked down.

"My patience is pretty short by the way", Carmen said.

"...Killa kissed me", Aaliyah said as she looked up at her:

"Did you kiss him back?", Carmen asked.

Aaliyah was about to answer but Carmen quickly cut her off.

"Never mind I don't wanna know", Carmen said when her hands up motioning her to stop talking. "It doesn't matter because I already knew he felt some type of way about you so... I'm not surprised"

"You knew?", Aaliyah asked.

"It was obvious", Carmen said. "Listen... unlike us, we tend to block people out. Killa tends to get attached quick because he grew up without feeling loved after his mom died"

Aaliyah looked down.

"...and you remind him of her", Carmen said.

"How do you know?", Aaliyah said.

"The way he described her...sounds like you", Carmen said.

"...should I tell Dre?", Aaliyah asked.

"So all hell can break loose? No", Carmen said. "Y'all are taking a break from each other right?"

"Yea but-"

Carmen cut Aaliyah off. "Liyah listen. You don't want him to die right? You don't want Jada's father to die right?", Carmen asked.

"...no", Aaliyah replied.

"Then do not tell Dre. Killa knows he can't have you, I don't even know why he kissed you", Carmen said.

"...Dre kissed you", Aaliyah said.

"What does Dre have to do with this?", Carmen asked.

"We both reminded them of someone", Aaliyah said. "Carmen I don't think I remind Killa of his mom. I think I remind him of you"

Carmen shook her head. "We may be twins but we aren't the same. We have differences", Carmen said.

"You can't tell me that he doesn't want you Carmen", Aaliyah said as she walked a little closer to Carmen.

Carmen didn't say anything, she just looked away.

"...and you can't say that you don't want him", Aaliyah said.

Carmen looked at Aaliyah. "He doesn't want me and I don't want him. That's that", Carmen said.

"...I learned not to block people out and you need to do the same", Aaliyah said.