03 / Thanks Mikey

"You'll get sunburnt." "Does that mean you'll take care of me afterward." "Possibly." "Then I'll take that chance."

++++

"I'll plan the funeral." "No time for jokes Bev. They invited us and I would rather not get attacked by other seventeen-year-olds." I sigh grabbing everything I need.

"They don't even know your names yet." Ben walks from his room. "We know their names...and one of their numbers." I groan slumping on the couch.

Bill

S: is this Bill?

B: yeah. Drew?

S: no.

B: Mark?

S: also no

B: bird boy?

S: yes.

B: we're at the quarry now. Hurry up

S: whatever

"Come on Eddie they're waiting for us." "I literally hate it here. They're gonna see my shirtless. Fuck." He hides his face, trying to think of a solution.

"I'm just not gonna get in." I shake my head as we walk out of the door.

— 7:05 pm

"What took you so long?" Richie smirks. "None of your business," Eddie argues back.

I slide my shirt off slowly, throwing it to the side. "Woah." Richie chuckles. "Fuck off...he's mine." Bill crosses his arms while staring in my direction.

"I would rather you not stare at me. And I'm not yours." I get to the point where the water comes up to my shoulders. "I literally can't come out any farther," Bill smirks as the two swim back to us.

"What's wrong small one?" Richie makes his way out of the water. Not gonna lie. He looks good.

Bill eyes me. "Why are you staring at him huh?" He uses his finger to tilt my chin upwards.

"Stop touching me." I cross my arms tightly as I listen to Eddie argue with Richie.

"Come on bird boy. Why don't you tell me your name?" He raises his brows as our bodies stay inches apart.

"Because I don't have to. And you don't need to know." "Do you know how many people would wanna be in your position right now? I want you to choose your words wisely." He smirks at me.

I stare into his green eyes. "Thank you." His hand goes underwater, gripping my side and pulling me closer.

"Leave me alone trash mouth." "Stop fighting you won't get away anyways." He groans pulling Eddie into the water where we are.

"I will literally drown." Richie slides him into his back. "Now. You're fine." He chuckles as more and more people make it into the water.

"You'll get sunburnt." "Does that mean you'll take care of me afterward." "Possibly." "Then I'll take that chance." Eddie rolls his eyes playfully before calming down and letting his chin rest on the boy's head.

"Mike, hey man!" Bill smiles as people from school file in. Holding alcohol mostly.

"Hi, Mike." I smile weakly. "Let him go, man. He doesn't want you messing with him." Bills hand slides up and down my side.

"Fine. Brandon hey man!" He swims away getting a drink tossed to him. "I promise they're not as annoying as they seem." He holds me above water by my arm.

"Here." He lifts me up, I sit on his shoulders. "Thanks, Mikey." I smile gently watching over all the people.