093 / Derry Rain

Once I get out and the car rolls away I let it out, my heartbeat in my ears grow louder and louder each second.

++++

We continue to eat, talk, and laugh. He smiles gently at me until he gets a text. He grins slightly at it.

"Oh, I uh...I dropped something can you get it real quick?" "Sure." I smile letting go of his hand.

"You never told me what you dropped dummy. I don't see it." I giggle, my speech already slurred.

"Bill?" I look up from the table. He's not there.

"Bill? Where'd you go?" I look around. Nowhere to be seen. "Probably went to the bathroom." I shrug as the waitress brings us back his card.

"Can I get a water please?" "Will that be all?" "Yes...thank you," I whisper.

She comes back with water. "Thank you." She nods as I sit there. Taking a long sip of water.

"Stanley? What are you doing here? Why are you alone?" I look up, Connor's face is soft and calm. He hesitates before standing in front of the table.

"I uh...just having dinner." "By yourself?" "Oh...N-Yeah..." "Are you drunk?" I nod my head slowly. Drinking the melted down ice from the alcohol from earlier.

"Oh, I'll see you Monday." He smiles slightly before walking away.

Running my hands through my hair I stand up, taking the card and my drink with me. Yes, it's a to-go drink. I'm not gonna steal the cups.

"Have a good night." "Thanks...you too."

A car sits outside of the restaurant. The car we came in.

"That other guy told me to take you home." "Take me to the library." "But-" "Please? I'll pay you extra." I whisper. "No need..." he nods driving off. I start to feel the tears falling down my cheeks.

I feel the car stop suddenly. "T-Thanks," I whisper holding back a small sob. Once I get out and the car rolls away I let it out, my heartbeat in my ears grow louder and louder each second.

The tears roll down my cheeks as the rain starts to fall down faster. Derry rain is always horrible.