037 / It doesn't mean anything

"None of those kisses mean anything?" "Nope. Never have. Never will."

++++

"You wouldn't mind if I were over top of Eddie like this, would you?" I stay silent as my face burns a bright red.

"Because I can go back to your place and-" "No-no-no. It's fine...you don't have to do that." My wrist has been held down by his hands. He chuckles before moving away.

He pulls me closer as the sun starts to set, I sit be in between his legs, fumbling with his hands.

"Are you sure you don't get jealous?" He smirks. I stay silent. "Hmm. Okay." He chuckles lightly.

My phone starts to ring.

Richie

R: Hey. Where are you

S: With Bill, why?

R: Your uh...your mom is here

S: What the fuck? Why?

R: and I quote 'I want to apologize'

S: Just tell her to leave or something.

R: Can't. She's standing outside of the door.

S: Well open the door and tell her to leave

R: Can't. I'm naked

S: Richie I swear you're so dumb.
I giggle before hanging up.

"What did he want?" "Uh. My mom is there. I really don't wanna talk to her." I shrug as he interlocks his fingers with mine.

"Come to my place. Avoid her." "I should probably talk to her a bit. She wants to apologize."

"Whatever she did to you. She doesn't want to apologize. She wants to think she's doing right even when she's not."

"Yeah...I know. It's been a while since I've seen her..." I look up at him, my head rested on his collarbones.

"Do you like anyone?" "What?" "Do you like anyone?" "If you're asking if I have a crush. Then no." "Not on any of the guys you mess with?" "No...why?"

He looks into my eyes softly. "I don't know...you kiss them a lot," I mumble.

"Just because I kiss them doesn't mean it means something. I kiss Eddie all the time. Half the time it to-" "Make me jealous?" "Mhmm. Does it work?" "Sometimes," I mutter crossing my arms.

"Good to know...come on. Let's go." He helps me up, I stumble into his chest. "None of those kisses mean anything?" "Nope. Never have. Never will." He chuckles grabbing the blanket, pulling me towards the car.

"Not even if I kissed you?" It's a genuine question. "Nope. Sorry bunny." He starts the car. Pulling off slowly.