Chapter 16

Cameron's pov

I woke up to people laughing and yelling out in the kitchen. I stood up and grabbed a hoodie before walking out to the kitchen.

I rubbed my eyes before a camera was shoved into my face. "Look what the cat dragged in!" Bobby said as I stood there, tired as hell.

"Robert Samuel Adam I swear to the heavens above, I'll whoop your ass." I said making Bobby laugh before backing up.

I walked over to Crawford and looped my finger into one of his belt loops. He looked over and smiled down at me before turning back around and joining the conversation.

As they all talked I walked over to the pantry and stole one of Kian's gogo squeeze' and cracked it open. I sat there and ate my applesauce, listening to the conversation.

I kinda zoned out and stared staring at the floor, just kinda thinking before looking over and checking the time.

"Oh shit!!" I said, running to Corey's room and grabbing my things. "Corey give me your keys! I'll explain later just gimme gimme!!" I said holding my hand out. He laughed and handed me the keys before I bolted out the door, getting in Corey's car, straight up in a t shirt and Corey's boxers without a bra or shoes before I sped off.

I called my aunt as I drove to her house.

"Hey I'm so sorry! I literally woke up five minutes ago and I'm currently using my friends car, I stayed at his house last night but I am literally like a minute away, please don't be mad at me." I said frantically as I drove.

"Hey it's fine! You're not running too late so I'll see you soon kiddo!" She said before hanging up. I sighed as I turned up the radio, 8 letters happened to be playing so I just kinda vibed, hitting my juul, the good stuff.

Once I pulled up to the office I parked and quickly put on my bra before getting out, not even caring that I look like a hot mess as I struggled to put my shoes on and walk at the same time.

I pushed my sunglasses up on my nose as I walked into the office, going up the elevator to my aunts floor.

I then walked out and waved at people, not giving two fucks that I look like crack whore, before opening the door to my aunts office.

"What the hell are you doing?" She asked, trying to stay quiet cause of the baby sleeping. "Look, I'm hungover and I only had like five seconds to put on my bra and shoes before I walked in here." I said as I bent down and picked up the baby carrier and the thing that clicks to the seat.

"Ok! Diaper bag! Lunch box! Make sure to cut up the strawberries and the banana and only do two scoops of formula because I only gave you a 6oz bottle." She said as she handed me everything.

"So! You're gonna be back before 9 right?" I asked. "Yea 9 tomorrow morning." She said making me sigh.

I rolled my eyes, said whatever, told her goodbye, took the baby and left.

I got to Corey's car and buckled the thing into the backseat before putting her carrier into it and putting her bags next to her.

I then got back into the car and called Corey.

"Hey whats up?" He asked.

"I'm picking you and Crawford up, we're getting coffee, then we're going back to my place!" I said into the phone as I drove down the streets of la.

"Ok! I'll tell Crawford." He said with a laugh before we said our goodbyes and hung up.

-time skip-

I held Layla against my chest, swaying her softly before shushing her and laying her on my bed surrounded by pillows.

I walked into the living room and sat down at my dinner table. I put my head into my hands and sighed.

The front door opened and I jumped up, trying to shush syd before she shut the door, making a loud noise which cause Layla to wake up.

I groaned and walked over to her, taking her into my arms, bouncing her lightly as I softly shushed her.

"Oh my god give her to me." Syd said as she walked over and carefully took the baby, instantly calming her down.

"What the fuck!?" I whispered. "I grew up with a baby brother and then another baby sister Cam." She laughed.

I rolled my eyes and grabbed my camera, picking it up and turning it on.

"Hey guys, so I am currently babysitting but it is currently seven pm and I am supposed to be at Corey's by nine to go to a party, so my lovely and beautiful roommate syd is gonna be watching her till I get back." I said as I showed syd who was holding Layla.

"So! I'm gonna be doing a get ready with me for this party and then I'm gonna be taking y'all with me for that, so I will be back in like 30 minutes!" I said before saying goodbye and turning off the camera.

"Thank you syd. You are my literal life saver." I said as I walked over to her, quickly giving her a kiss on the head.

"Of course babes, I love babies." She said with a smile. I thanked her once again before going to my room and going to my closet.

-time skip-

I laughed as I sipped my drink, dancing with Chelsey and Franny, all of us screaming the song lyrics that were playing.

Crawford came up to me and pulled me aside. "Hey, it's almost midnight. Your Uber is outside." He yelled over the music.

"Syd has Layla it's fine." I said before taking another drink of my drink. "Cameron you have to go." He said again.

"Crawf I don't want to!" I yelled, continuing to dance. "Cameron come on." He said, grabbing my hand.

I pulled away and went back to Franny and Chelsey.

Crawford walked back over and pulled me away. "Crawford stop!" I yelled, trying to get away from him.

He pulled me outside and held onto me.

"You wanted a good relationship with your cousin and your aunt Cameron. Your aunt trusted you! Now get your ass into that Uber and go home and help syd!" He yelled making me flinch.

I dropped my drink as tears filled my eyes. Crawford's face softened and turned apologetic.

"I'm sorry-"

I didn't let him finish as I was already speed walking to the Uber, quickly getting in and shutting the door, not looking at Crawford once as the Uber pulled away.

-skip drive-

I walked into my apartment and went to my room, smiling at Layla who was sleeping soundly in the bassinet we bought earlier.

I kissed her head softly before changing into a t shirt and some spandex before laying down and going to sleep.

Today's been hard.