Chapter 39

Cameron's pov

I sat in my bed, playing among us, merking everyone, when Crawford walked in.

Today is October 10th, marking five months without Corey. After this game I was planning on going to Corey's grave to talk to him.

I've been kinda down lately because I've learned that my dad was sent to the hospital a couple days ago due to his cancer coming back. He's been dealing with liver cancer for a couple years now, but yesterday my step mom called me to tell me it's gotten a lot worse since the last time I've seen him.

I'm planning on going back to Nebraska tomorrow because they say I've gotta say goodbye to him.

I'm not ready for it but I don't want him to suffer anymore, so I have my bags packed and my flight is at 8 tomorrow.

I finished my game, obviously winning because I'm a great imposter before getting up.

"You going with me bub?" I asked as Crawford sat down on the bed. "Yea." He said softly before getting up, both of us throwing on a hoodie before I grabbed my keys and wallet and we walked downstairs.

"Hey y'all coming with us?" I asked the boys as we walked into the stream room. They all said yes before we all left, getting into my car before driving to the cemetery.

I parked and we walked to Corey's grave, all of us in a gloomy mood because we miss our best friend.

The day Daniel Silva was sentenced Oscar and I spoke against him, me in pure pain and agony while I spoke.

Flashback

I stood at the witness stand, holding my paper in my hands, my hands shaking like hell.

"Daniel Silva," I started looking right at him. "You took away my best friend, the person who saved my life, the person who would sit there with me and hold me as I cried myself to sleep, play me piano whenever I got sad, the one person who cared about me when nobody else did." My voice cracked, tears filling my eyes.

"The night of the crash, I begged you not to go, I stood at your window, tears in my eyes and begged you not to go, but you just smirked and drove off, killing my best friend." I sobbed. "What you did was unforgivable and I think you deserve to rot in a cell for the rest of you life, for doing what you do to my best friend." I said before saying thank you and walking off the witness stand, wiping my tears as I walked into Crawford's arms, letting him hold me as I cried.

Back to reality

I sat down with everyone at Corey's grave, all of us talking, telling our stories of when Corey was alive, all of us laughing, shedding a couple tears, just reminiscing on our lives with Corey around.

-the next day-

I woke up to my alarm, sighing as I rolled around and turned it off before slowly sitting up, yawning as I rubbed the sleep from my eyes.

I stood up and threw on a bra, a baggy t shirt, and joggers before throwing my hair into a messy bun.

Crawford sat up in the bed tiredly, looking at me.

"Have fun in Florida baby." I said with a smile as I grabbed my backpack, throwing it over my shoulders before ordering an Uber.

I then walked to the bathroom with Crawford, both of us brushing our teeth before I grabbed my glasses and put them on, making sure I had everything before taking my suitcase and going downstairs, Crawford following tiredly behind.

We walked outside and stood in front of the front gate. "Ok, bye bub." I said as I hugged him goodbye. "Bye baby, call me if you need anything, I promise you I will answer." He said with a smile as we pulled away and he held my waist.

"When's your flight again?" I asked. "Tonight, but remember, call me if you need anything, I promise you I will try to answer, ok?" He said softly.

I nodded with a smile. "Ok, I love you baby." He said with a smile. "I love you too, I'll text you when I'm boarding and then I'll text you again when I land." I said.

Crawford nodded before leaning down and placing a soft kiss on my lips. I kissed him back before we pulled away, saying goodbye one more time before I walked out the front gate, thanking the guy as he put my bags into the trunk before I got in and buckled up.

"LAX?" He asked making me say yes before I put my AirPods in and listened to music.

-after flight she's at the hospital now-

I sat in the room in a chair, tears falling from my eyes. I got my phone out and tweeted something.

Came-ron bla-kelly @cameronblakely tweeted:
Hey guys, there's not gonna be a new video this week, there's a lot going on right now and I just can't find the motivation to post. Just know I love y'all and hope you all have a great day or night or afternoon whatever xx

I closed my phone before scooting my chair closer to my dad, pushing my mask up more on my nose before taking my hand into his.

There's only supposed to be one visitor at a time and my step mom and their sons already said goodbye so now it's my turn.

"I don't know where to start dad. You've always been there for me, sticking up for me in front of mom when she put me down, taking half custody and always letting Jared and I come to your house when mom makes us mad. I don't know what to do without you dad, but, just know, I love you so much, and I will always remember you. I love you so much, goodbye dad." I sobbed before placing my head on the bed.

As I sat there crying I heard the ear piercing beep, I sat up and let out a choked sob standing up and kissing my dads cheek.

My dad signed a dnr (do not resuscitate) so there's nothing I can do. I watched as a nurse came in, turning off all the machines before looking at me.

"Is his wife here?" She asked making me nod as I covered my mouth, tears falling from my eyes rapidly.

"What's the name?"

"Laura Blakely, she's in the waiting room with her two sons Oscar and James Blakely." I said, calming myself a little bit before she nodded, telling me I could take as much time as I needed before she left the room.

I sat back down getting my phone out and calling Crawford.

No answer. I sighed before calling Oscar.

He answered on the fifth ring. "Hey dude!" He said. "Where's Crawford?" I asked, my voice cracking.

"Um he's right here, why?" He asked. "Can I talk to him please?" I replied making Oscar say yea before he handed the phone to Crawford.

"Hello?" He asked.

"Baby!" I sobbed. "Oh bub, someone play for me!" Crawford said before there was some rustling and I could hear Crawford running up the stairs.

A door closed before Crawford said he was alone.

"He's gone baby." I sobbed softly. "Oh bub, I'm so sorry. It's ok, he's in a better place now." He comforted me a little.

"I know but it's hard, it's so hard!" I said softly, tears still falling from my eyes.

"Baby, it'll be ok, I promise, he's no longer in pain, no longer suffering, he lived a good life, he was happy." Crawford said making me nod, sniffling a little bit.

"Ok baby, I have to go, his wife and kids are here." I said softly before we shared our I love you's and our goodbyes before I hung up and stood up.

Laura and I didn't say anything we just ran into each other's arms, sobbing into each other's embrace.

I can't believe he's gone.