Chapter 35

Cameron's pov

I woke up to my alarm on my phone. I sat up and yawned, stretching out my back before I got up and walked to the bathroom, doing my business before brushing my teeth and washing my hands.

Crawford and I are flying to Nebraska to see my family for a few days because my mother really wants to see me. I'm not sure why, but I decided why not, it'll give me a little closure.

I walked outta the bathroom and saw Crawford sitting up in the bed. "Are you ready to meet my family?" I asked as I pulled off the clothes I slept in and put on this.

After that I pulled my hair into a messy bun before grabbing my glasses off the night stand and putting them on

"Yea, a little nervous though," he said with a smile as he changed into some joggers and a hoodie. "Don't be. If anything I should be nervous, I haven't seen them since I moved out here when I was 17 and now I'm 23." I said as I grabbed my keys and threw my backpack over my shoulders.

"Yea, but I'm scared I'm gonna answer all of their questions wrong." He said making me laugh a little.

I walked over and placed my hands on his cheek as he wrapped his arms around my waist. "You will be fine baby, it'll all be ok!" I said before kissing him softly.

He smiled into the kiss, pushing me back a little bit, pulling me in closer from my lower back.

We're gonna be late but oh my god I can't right now!! Fuck he's so hot!!

I jumped into his arms, wrapping my legs around his waist as he caught me, holding me tightly as we made out.

I pulled away and smiled before checking the time, sighing because it was time for us to go.

"C'mon bub we gotta go." I said before pecking his lips as he put me down and we both grabbed our luggage and left the house.

Crawford got into the driver seat and I got into the passenger before I realized something. "Wait!!" I said before jumping outta the car, running inside and going to our room. I reached under my pillow and grabbed the stuffed koala before shutting the bedroom door after me as I ran back outside.

I jumped back into the car and Crawford smiled at me as I put my seatbelt on. I smiled back before looking at the koala. Crawford pulled away from the house and we headed to the airport.

"I've learned that I can't sleep without it. Like when I was in the hospital and they wouldn't let me take anything, I couldn't sleep at all because I knew I didn't have Corey under my pillow or for me to hold." I said as I played with the koalas ears.

"I know, that night that you knocked it off the bed to where it was between the bed and the wall you freaked out when you were going to sleep." He said making me laugh.

-time skip-

I held Crawford's hand as we walked away from baggage claim.

We got to the escalator and as we slowly made our way down I saw my mom and my step dad and their kids while my dad was standing behind them by himself.