Bonfire anyone?

"You guys are really cute together." I heard Elizabeth's voice in my ear. I grunted and cracked open my sticky eyes. I looked up to see her bending over me. I groaned and tried lifting my arm to rub my face. Tried to. Slightly panicked, my eyes snapped to the side as I felt warm breath brushing my other cheek. Jack's face was barely centimeters from mine. With eyes wide, I looked down. The pirate and I had our bodies so tangled together it was almost impossible to think it was comfortable. I cleared my throat, turning back to Elizabeth,
"What are you doing?" I whispered, smelling smoke in the air.
"Checking to see if you feel better and making a signal fire." She informed me, trying to hide her grin, "I would ask for your help but you're a bit tied up right now." I huffed in answer.
"By the way, I found some needles and thread. Do you need it?" She asked. I gave her my 'duh' look. She smirked and handed it to me. Now to get away from Jack.

                              ***

"No! Not good! Stop!" I looked up from my sewing to see Jack running to Elizabeth. He obviously didn't like the idea of her burning the rum. I smirked, pulling a thread and snapping it off with my teeth. I quickly took off my overcoat and put the newly fixed shirt on; hissing when it touched my wounds. I had almost forgotten about them last night, and they were indignant. Forcing the pain to the back of my mind, I strolled over to the two.
"Why's the rum gone?!" Jack was exclaiming. 
"One: because it is a vile drink that turns even the most respectable of men into complete scoundrels. Two: that signal is over a thousand feet high, the entire Royal Navy is out looking for me. Do you really think there's even the slightest chance they'll miss it?"
"But why's the rum gone?" Jack asked again. I rolled my eyes,
"Do you have wax in your ears?" Jack glared daggers at me. Elizabeth flashed a smile and sat down. Jack grabbed his pistol and seemed ready to shoot her, then controlled himself and stuffed it back, storming off.