Aboard the Dauntless

"But we've got to save Will!" Elizabeth exclaimed, rushing after her father.
"No! You're safe now, we are to return to Port Royal immediately- not go gallivanting after pirates." Her father said sternly. Jack and I stood to the side.
"Then we condemn him to death!" Elizabeth seemed desperate for a reason to go after Will.
"His fate is regrettable, but he shouldn't have meddled with pirates." Governor Swann replied.
"To rescue me! To prevent anything from happening to me!" She almost wailed. She was persistent, I'll give her that. Out of the corner of my eye, I noticed James react to this. Jack noticed too,
"If I may be so bold as to inject my professional opinion- the Pearl was listing near to scuppers after the battle. It's very unlikely she'll be able to make good time. Think about it. The Black Pearl... The last real threat in the Caribbean, mate. How can you pass that up, right?"
"By remembering that I serve others, Mister Sparrow, not only myself." Came James' reply. Elizabeth suddenly set her sights on him,
"Commodore, please do this... For me! As a wedding gift." That stopped everyone in their tracks.
"Elizabeth, are you accepting the Commodore's proposal?" Governor Swann asked.
"I am." Said Elizabeth, a small smile on her face.
'She's doing this for Will.' I realized.
"A wedding! I love weddings! Drinks all round!" Jack called, wrapping an arm around my shoulder and holding an imaginary glass up in animated toast. I couldn't help but chortle at his antics. Jack stopped at James' withering look,
"I know, I know. 'Clap them in irons' right?" He held up his hands. But James said something entirely different,
"Mister Sparrow. You will accompany these fine men to the helm and provide us with a bearing to Isla de Muerta. You will then spend the rest of the voyage contemplating all possible meanings of the phrase 'silent as the grave'. Do I make myself clear?" I had to bite the inside of my lip to stop myself from smirking. This was perfect. After they had rescued Will, Jack and I could sneak off with the Pearl.
"Inescapably clear," Jack confirmed, and he was escorted away.