Pain

Will climbed down; only to be tackled to the ground by the pirates. Gibbs and the rest of the crew were escorted to the brig, save for me, Jack, Elizabeth, and Will.
"You know what to do," Barbossa told the Bosun. He grinned and grabbed my hair, dragging me to the mast. Another two grabbed my arms. Dread and fear gnashed their teeth as I realized what was happening. They removed my overcoat and I began to struggle,
"Bastard! He said not to harm the crew!" I yelled.
"But you're not a proper member of the crew now are ya lassie?" He cackled, "20 lashes! And that's too good for you!" The pirates tore my shirt. Exposing my scarred back. My makeshift fabric bra was thankfully left untouched.
"Obviously others have thought so too," Barbossa commented. I heard scuffling and just managed to see Jack being held back from attacking the mutinous captain.
"You scum! (Y/N)'s proven herself as more than just a crew member! She's a better pirate than you'll ever be!" He roared. Had the situation been different, I would've been quite flattered by his praise. Barbossa just grinned and signalled for them to continue. I hung my head as the Bosun brought the whip back.
Slash!
One.
Slash!
Two.
Slash!
Three.
Slash!
Four.
Slash!
I grunted in pain.
Slash!
Six.
Slash!
Seven.
Slash!
I cried out and gritted my teeth.
Slash!
Nine.
Slash!
Ten. It's going to be harder to bear now.
Slash!
I almost screamed and writhed in my bonds.
Slash! Slash! Slash!
Tears pricked my eyes, but I refused to let them fall.
Slash! Slash!
I really was screaming now.
Slash!
Seventeen.
Slash!
Eighteen.
Slash!
Nineteen. One last one.
Slash!
With a final gasp, I slumped forward to the ground. My face was wet, wet from the tears that ran down my cheeks. Even though I had been whipped before, it didn't get any easier; pain was pain. I lay on the deck, shaking and bleeding. I was dimly aware of Barbossa calling out orders to set a course. A shadow fell over me and I felt an arm gently turn me over, resting my head on their lap. I forced my eyes open to see Elizabeth with a cloth and tears in her eyes. Jack was still trying to get free from the two pirates.
"You promised I wouldn't have to see that ever again." She whispered. I stayed silent, remembering when she first saw me whipped. She had been severely distraught, so much that I had to promise never to let her see my agony.
"Did you close your eyes?" I rasped. She paused, then nodded, "Then I kept it, didn't I?" She gave a watery smile and roll of her eyes,
"Bloody pirates." She muttered.
"Oi!" I glared playfully as she helped me put my overcoat back on, "You're talking to one y'know!" She chuckled,
"That's the problem."