Peace

Jack stood at the rail, pretending to look out to see. I strode up and stood beside him, dressed in another stolen shirt and my adopted attire.
"Do you always steal clothes?" Jack asked, eyeing me. I shrugged,
"Pirate." His lips curled into a smile and we fell into a comfortable stillness.
"Not a single word. Not a single utterance about the curse," I said after a while.
"You didn't either." He retorted. I sighed,
"He wouldn't have risked it." I explained, referring to James, "And I feel like I should pay my debt to Elizabeth before I go." He hummed with a nod and we gently lulled into silence once more. I stared out to sea, relishing the moment. But something was on my mind.
"Jack?" He looked at me expectantly, amiable eyes glinting.
"Does the curse allow the cursed to regrow flesh?" He frowned at my question and thought about it for a long while.
"No. No, it doesn't." He studied me quizzically. My eyes narrowed and brows knit together in the way it did when I was thinking hard.
"So; if they can't regrow flesh." I said haltingly, "We could throw nitric acid into their eyes! That way, they'll go blind and we'll-"
"Have the advantage!" Jack cried, pointing his finger at me as he caught onto my idea.
"Exactly!" I returned the gesture, grinning widely.
"(Y/N), that's brilliant!" He threw his arms around me, picking me up and twirling around. I squealed slightly and we both laughed in pure ecstasy.
Yes, it's a pirate's life for me.