7: "i got a cute baby sister and an oaf of a baby brother"

r o m e o

I was walking to my room when I heard my little siblings talking to each other. I walked out straight after Ace left. I could see the boy did not take any kind of bullshit when it came to Angelina. Now I may have said in my that I hated them and everything, but that wasn't true in the slightest. I didn't hate them, I never blamed them.

Hell no. I love them with all my heart. But I can't help but think they're hiding something. Something very important. So I did what I do best, I eavesdropped.

"What's wrong twinny?" She gently asked, her voice so soft and nothing like the mocking tone she held while she talked to me. It made me feel.... angry. I wanted her to talk to me like that too. I immediately got my phone out and started recording it.

'Ha. I knew that wasn't going to happen anytime soon.'

"Fucking Romeo pissed me off again." I heard him mutter. A few seconds later, I heard her giggle which warmed my heart.

"So, who were you talking to?" He asked.

"Oh, it was Vinny. I did enjoy talking to him as I missed him already..." she trailed off.

"I sense a 'but' here." He said with a sigh.

"Well... yes there is a but. He made me promise we will at least try and let them in. He used the 'please do it for me' card and I couldn't refuse." I heard her sigh.

It broke my heart to hear that.

'So if this Vinny hadn't convinced them, they wouldn't have even tried?'

I could clearly see they had a very close relationship with Vincent Costa and his little brother. That hurt a lot. We longed for our little siblings while they had them this whole time. They had their love, affection, respect and most importantly, trust, which I'm not sure me have.

"Come on sugarplum. I'm sure it won't be so bad. If there's anything wrong or we don't get along with them, we just bear them somehow for 5 years and then when we turn 18, we're outta here. And we would never have to worry about living spaces or money cause we have plenty of it. Just try? For me please? I promise you Ace, if we still don't like them, we will get out of here, together."

It pained my heart to hear them talking about getting away from us. Did they hate us that much? I envied how close Ace and Angelina were. I wanted to be close to both of them but I'm sure with me being such an ass to them, it's a fat chance.

It may seem childish, but I wanted cute nicknames from my baby sister too. Just like Ace had one even though it's cheesy as fuck.

Maybe I could try and be more... I don't know, nicer? Then they would surely stay and love us like they did before.

It was silent for a few minutes when I heard my little sister let out the most heart breaking sound.

"Please Ace..." I heard her whimper as her voice cracked.

I knew she was tired. Exhausted even. I saw her expression when she was leaving. Now don't get me wrong her façade is impossible to look through. But we noticed, when she talks to Ace, her guard is completely down. And we know she's a bubbly and cheerful ball of energy.