Chapter 29

Now that I was graduated, it was time to think about what I really wanted to do with the rest of my life. If all my extracurricular activities, all the committees, and the long hours of volunteering taught me was that I was good at planning events, organizing paperwork, and the occasional bossing people around. The real question is where I can use all those attributes to the best of my skill.

Aidan tried to give me some ideas, but nothing really spoked to me yet. Speaking of Aidan, our relationship was great. More than great really. It's one of the best things in my life right now. But we still haven't said those three special words to each other, nor did we brush the subject of our marking. I knew I loved him, and that he was it for me. He has me, now and forever, but I can't help but feel insecure. Could the fact that he hasn't said I love you have anything to do with Avery? Did he still have feelings for her? Does he regret breaking up with her to be with me? He hasn't mention anything, nor did he gave me any indication he felt that way, but sometimes, when I lye in bed, I start having this thoughts and doubt starts creeping in.

And me being me, I don't say anything to him, worried that he might think I'm pathetic for thinking like that, or that it turns out I'm right, and I'll be devastated. I won't be able to handle another broken heart from Aidan, not now. Not after I experienced what it's like to have him. How it is to be loved by him, even if he shows me by actions instead of words. Although a girl appreciates an "I love you" once in a while. Why hasn't he said it yet?

I was spending some time with Tanya in her studio. We kept our weekly meetings, since that first day, and she was right, we did become fast friends, and now I couldn't imagine my life without her in it.

"Okay, spill it." she says after we finish an intense set of moves "You are never this quiet when we are here unless something is troubling you."

"You're going to think I'm pathetic." I warn her drinking my water.

"I'll be the judge of that." she says sitting on the floor and stretching. I copy her actions.

"Aidan hasn't said he loved me yet." I confess feeling embarassed of how much this was affecting me.

"You guys only been together for a few weeks, maybe he doesn't feel comfortable saying it yet." she says logically. I held her wrists and I pull her towards me so she can stretch forward. We do that for a few seconds until it's my turn. It was only once I was done that I respond.

"It's just...we're mates. As in true mates. The Moon Goddess herself paired us together, so there really isn't a doubt rather he is the man for me. I love him. I love him so much. But what if he doesn't? What if he still loves Avery?" I say telling her my deepest fear.

"I'm guessing you haven't told him you love him." she asks even though she already knows the answer, but I nod either way. "You're scared. You don't want to get rejected again. It's completely normal Nadia. But the only way you are going to get over that fear is to confront it."

I remain quiet, pondering over her words.

"You said something... during your graduation speech." she reminds me "You made everyone make a promise, that they would hold on to hope, even when things get hard, they would keep hope alive, because all of us have to be greater than what we suffered. Maybe it's time you keep that promise."

I smile thankful for her advice.

"That really was a great speech." I comment maybe bragging a little bit.

"One for the ages." she says agreeing with me

So I took her advice, or should I say my own advice and decided to talk with Aidan about my insecurities. My mom had finally lifted my punishment and I was now free of a curfew hour, which means I had taken advantage of it to spend the nights at Aidan's house. Not all of them, or else my mother would probably ground me again just to keep me in the house, she threatened to do just that once, and I was not about to risk it.