Chapter 10

Shit. Shit. Shit.

What the hell just happened?

I pace my room still trying to come to terms with what happened with Aidan at the school.

Aidan.

My Mate.

He's my mate.

I laugh out loud truly star-struck with this new information. I never truly believed that mates existed, at least not until Juliet and Romeo. They are so rare that nobody truly believe they exist. At a point in my life neither did I. I always wished for one, sure, but that is like when someone wishes to win the lottery. They know their chances of getting their wish granted is barely non-existent. And now I have one. Aidan. Aidan is my mate.

My fated mate. A mating chosen from the Moon Goddess herself.

Aidan. My mate. My fated mate. I can't stop thinking about this words. Such simple words that shake my entire being completely. Ooohhh how I wish I could talk to Juliet. She is the only person I know that has a true mate. I remember her explaining it to me once, and all the symptoms that she spoke seem to check. I definitely felt the tingles when he touched my skin, tingles I didn't felt before I turn eighteen. And my wolf? He had been restless all day, only when we were in his company did he settled, and the feeling of when he held me in his arms? So safe...the safest I have ever been. And the sexual attraction is definitely working as well, I could tell he wanted to kiss me just as bad as I wanted to be kissed by him.

Stupid janitor who knock over a bookshelf! If he hadn't made such a fuss, then by now I would have known how it felt to kiss my mate. To have his lips pressed against mine. The only thing I got was a slight touch. A tease instead of the real thing. I touch my lips who had so softly touched his. If I close my eyes I can still feel his soft breath mingling with mine, if he had freckles then at the distance we were from each other I would have been able to count each and every one of them.

Oh My Goddess he was my mate... and not only that! He was my teacher! My mate is my teacher! At least I was close to graduating, so no one could really use that against us. I mean I already have enough credits to graduate early, I just chose to wait so I could do it with all my friends at the same time. And it's not like there is such an age different between us, he was 26 years old, so just 8 years, that's not so bad is it? And since I am no longer underage, it's totally legal under the eyes of the law.

There is just one small-okay maybe big-problem. Avery. His girlfriend. Never has there been a person I hated most in the world, then Avery freaking Nelson. Yes, I know her last name. I might have accidentally- fine maybe not so accidentally, but give a girl a break okay? - google her on social media. But he wasn't going to stay with her now that he knows we're mates right? I mean...he wouldn't would he? But then again he is dating a gorgeous woman who he is probably in love with, so why the hell would he choose me? A teenage girl, when he could have a woman?

Great now I feel depressed.

God I wish I could be a fly so I could see how Aidan was reacting to this. He must be so confused. I am. He does know we are mates, right? Oh My Goddess maybe he doesn't! Mates are so rare that not many people know what their symptoms are! He must be thinking so badly about himself, thinking that he had almost kissed his student!

I jump out of bed and quickly search for my phone. I had to call him. Had to explain. I finally found it and just as I was about to click his number, a thought finally caught up with me. He was a history teacher. Therefor he must have studied the history of the wolves and how they came to be, and everything connected to our way of being. He probably knows more about this mate thing than I do! Yes...that's right. I definitely couldn't call him now. I had to talk to him. Face to face. So we could figure it out how to move on from now on. He'll choose me...right? He has to.

Aidan's POV

What the fuck?

How could I almost kiss a student? Nadia, in fact? And in the school of all places, where anyone could have caught us, I definitely would have been saying bye bye to my teacher's licence if that loud bang hadn't snap us out of it.

Oh My Goddess this can't be happening. Not now. Not ever really. Mates are supposed to be a myth, and yet the signs are all there. Now certain thoughts and actions of the past are actually starting to make sense to me. Nadia Renald was my mate. My seventeen-no, sorry eighteen year old student is my fated mate by the Moon Goddess herself. According to the myth she must think that we make the ideal partner for each other. That we complement one another. An old crone, that's what she is. What does she know about who is my perfect match!? I am happy with Avery. I love her. And I would never trade her for a... a girl. Me and Avery, we get along so well, and the sexual attraction is through the roof when we are together. And yet you still fantasied about Nadia the last time you two were sexing it up, I think to myself. Which sure...it's true but now I see that scene for what it really was and that was a manipulation on the part of the Goddess. How do I know if what I feel for Nadia is real or what is fabricated from the above? Sure I found her attractive. I might have even lusted for her a time or two. But I am just a human...sort of, and every one of us as forbidden desires and thoughts that never see the light of day. But just because I think of it doesn't mean I will act on it.

But then again, am I truly happy with Avery? Is she really the one I want to stay with? Because one fact that was never uncontested was that the Moon Goddess never made a mistake when she paired a mated couple. At least that is what the historians of our pack reported in our ancient scriptures. Few are the ones who have access to them, I was one of the rare lucky ones due to my degree and interest in history.

Fuck.

Nadia. Sweet beautiful Nadia. Why did it have to be her? Ever since I met her she fascinated me in a way. The pain she kept hidden deep inside her that few get to see intrigued me, made me want to comfort her and promise to never let anyone hurt ever again. Was this because of the bond? Most likely.

Perhaps the hidden truth that I, myself, might not be ready to admit is that why not Nadia? Every interaction I had so far with her only allowed me to become even more infatuated with her then I was before. She had so much strength and yet she was so vulnerable at the same time. And those attributes called to me so much, and it's not just her looks that intrigued me, it's her brains, how smart she is, the way she thinks, a way that challenges yourself to accompany her or else you will be left behind. I confess that her very core, her soul attracts me. In a way perhaps that Avery's never did.

Now that I think about it our relationship has always been more physical than emotional. What did I even know about Avery. Who was she deep down? We were never one to talk much about ourselves with one another, we just wanted to live the present one day at a time.

Yeah...I need to change that. I need to connect with Avery emotionally, only that way can we progress with our relationship and maybe, perhaps, one day in the future, we might even choose to mate and mark each other.

Because I love Nad-Avery. I love Avery. Avery. I definitely love her.

So why did I have to say it so many times just to remind myself of that?

This chapter was a little shorter, but I wanted to give you guys a little glimpe of what is happening inside their heads after that big realisation that they were fated mates.

I hope you liked it! Please leave a comment and vote! Next chapter will be up soon!