Decisions

Passing through the large wooden door guarding the white building and a 3 minutes elevator ride later, Taehyung found himself near a familiar modern wood door separating the Crime Control Department bureau from the rest.He confidently pushed it open before gliding gracefully towards his personal office.

People stopped whatever they were doing as soon as he stepped in, staring at him open-mouthed, shamelessly. He internally rolled his eyes and scoffed thinking how idiotic they looked, gaping like a fish. He wondered idly if they have ever seen a Devil or not. Even if they had, they sure act quite..... interested in him. A little too much interested. He had never felt much comfortable being the center of attention but overtime, he had learnt to deal with it instead. But, his current profession required him to blend with the crowd more often than not ( which with his unnaturally magnificent looks were quite difficult as wherever he went, people would unconsciously or not gravitate towards him, drool over him or fall head over heels in love with him). Now, as he was thinking, Devils were sinful creatures, causing lust to develop inside people, especially humans. So very naturally they were all good looking. So, he liked to think that at least his looks can be matched or surpassed by other Devils since he was only a half Devil himself.

But, Taehyung was oblivious to the fact that even for a Devil's standard, he was extremely and unnaturally divine looking. He could easily surpass the Greek Gods of Heaven with his exquisite and alluring looks, can hypnotize anyone with just a glance and can make the Gods of Heaven as well as their angels along with the Lords of Hell envious and crying out in anguish for his perfectly symmetrical and splendidly statuesque looks. He was really an impossibly gorgeous sight to behold. That is why, both Heaven, Hell were so well aware of him. Literally whipped and green with envy at the same time. No, Taehyung did not know about how his unimaginably alluring beauty affected those around him or how it arose emotions in them. But his beauty was a double-edged sword. It was both a blessing and a curse.

He didn't care though. He had learnt early on in his life how to tackle threats posed upon him for his exquisitely ravishing visuals. Soon, he reached his personal work chamber. Discarding the black suit coat he had to wear earlier in the morning, he quickly rummaged through the bookcase filled with case files and other books until he finally found the files about the victim's killed by the mysterious murderer. He carried the files and threw them mindlessly on his rounded glass desk in middle of the office before seating himself elegantly on his brown leather swivel chair. He picked up the first one titled as Yung Jaesuk. He flipped the cover open and began reading it with utmost attention....

1 and a half hours later~~

He had already finished reading about the background of all the 6 murdered people. But, sadly none of them provided any light on why they might have been killed. He had already decided to run his own background check on them to find some more fruitful and personal information that could be related to the case. Currently, he was immersed in a book of ancient Sacrifices and Rituals. Sacrifices were a typically grey form of power as described by the Wiccan witches but they on more than one occasion have been used for Black Magic- the vilest and evilmost form of magical power to ever exist- which even the darkest of witches were afraid of practicing. But they have to be performed when the blood of the sacrifice was still warm and fresh. So, Taehyung was pretty sure that no Sacrifice was involved in Mrs. Ming's case since there have been no form of magical or supernatural power trace which are always left behind while performing such activities.

Next came the Runic rituals, while not considered black magic, this too had certain branches that requires to perform a lot of.... terrifying and vile stuffs. He was sure, if any type of ritual was performed, it would surely be a Runic ritual if the mark was anything to go by. So, now he was busy studying the types of skin carvings required for certain rituals, searching for something similar or close to the scar on Mrs. Ming's arm. Halfway, through the thick tome, his concentration was disturbed as the telephone of his chamber started ringing shrilly.

" Hello?" He said, his velvety deep,dark chocolate-like mellifluous voice set in a polite tone of inquiry. "Mr. Kim?" Came the question from the other side. Biting back a sarcastic reply to the quite dumb question he again said "Yes?" This time, there was some shuffling and and a thump before another reply came his way. "Uh... Mr. Kim... I mean Sir... There have been another kidnapping reported just now. Um... The kidnapper has succeeded in fleeing again but, there have been this child... Yun Dansae, who claims to have escaped the kidnapper. Uhm.... Chief Blare said to... reach the scene as quick as possible... Sir..." "Hmm. Ok I will be there soon..." With that, he hung up the telephone, his mind running a mile a second, possibilities and plans flying around, thoughts and theories on how such a child could help this case filling his head. He gave a slight shake of his head to stop his sharp, calculative mind from forming anymore theories or plans so early on. He quickly took his black coat and car keys before rushing out from his chamber and then the  building.

......................................................

He reached the spot in 10 minutes. Observing the parents of the children crying out in sorrow, he felt a slight sympathy rise in him. He shook his head, trying to discard the guilt and sadness that the pitiable sight arose in him. Finally after taking a deep breath, Taehyung stepped out of his car and strode towards the other investigators guarding what he hoped would be the escapee child.

On reaching the investigating group, he gave them a nod, which the others returned with a little too much enthusiasm than respect, before walking past them to the bench in which he could see a child, about 7 years of age licking an ice- cream. Small cuts and scrapes were visible on his left arm and knee. His blue t-shirt was torn near his right  
shoulder. All in all, he appeared to have made a really rough escape. Though looks can very likely be deceiving, and that Taehyung knew more than anyone else.

Finishing his silent observation of the child, he made his way towards the child. When he was about a only few steps  away from him, the child surprisingly turned towards him, wide-eyed. "Woah...." the child said after a beat of silence. He didn't know what to make of this child. He had felt a weird, unpleasant aura surrounding this child. And the child knew he was approaching him without even turning around. Can he sense his aura too? Or was it just a hunch? Or has his kidnapping caused his senses to heighten? He doubted the last one though...

He was brought out of his inspection of the weird child by Dansae himself. "Are you a Devil Mr.?" The child asked, very excited than he had been a while before. He frowned, what was this child playing at? He questioned mentally. No way can a child his age tell if he was a Devil or not. So this child must have the capability to read auras. "Yes. How did you know that?" Taehyung asked gently. With a mischevious smile, that looked a little too devilish than it should be, the young boy answered "I know a lot of things Mr." He said, his brown orbs flashing a pale yellowish color. Suffice to say, Taehyung was really weirded out and suspicious now. There was definitely something very wrong and disturbing with this boy. Of that, he had no doubt. "Vantae. Though, it should be hyung to you, child." At this, the said child frowned seemingly in annoyance, his eyes flashing the pale yellowish color again. "Don't call me a child, Mr. Vantae." The child said, hissing in anger. Now, Taehyung's interest was peaked. This weird child didn't like being called a child?  Hmm.

"I apologise. But you didn't give me your name did you? So what should I call you?" He asked in a fake sorry tone, knowing his name full well. "Oh... It's Dansae, hyung." The child said excited again. "Tell me mister, do you eat humans too?" Wait. Eat humans? Too? Did Dansae know another Devil? Is he talking about the kidnapper? Probably. His mind concluded. Then was the kidnapper using the children for meals? After all young human flesh was very... appealing to Devils. He had to get the details out of Dansae, subtly. The child was very weird but smart and overly interested in Devils. He could deduce that from their little 'conversation'.

"No. I don't. That's a bad thing don't you think so?" He said gently, frowning. "Why is it bad? Humans are there to be eaten by Devils so it is fair!" The child denied his accusations violently. Now, he was very sure that this child was not human and very much weird with a disturbing thought process and opinions.

How very fascinating...

*******************†**************

Alright, cliffhanger for now. Hope you guys are enjoying this. The actual events of 'Half a Heart' will be followed for a while before my own plot unravels. Thank you...

Bye bye...👋👋

Signed by Rei ....