A New Perspective

The ride to his apartment was spent contemplating on the new evidences and information that he had gained, while carefully and strategically thinking about his next move, all while stubbornly and resolutely avoiding thinking about anything related to the 'Soulmates' business.

Reaching his apartment, Taehyung dragged himself towards his wardrobe....

He took out his towel and some casual clothes for use, feeling a nice, warm bath would at least help him to relax and clear his head of unwanted thoughts

Finally refreshed and feeling much lighter and relaxed, he exited his luxurious bathroom and stepped into his room....

(Without glasses and mask)

While enjoying some choco-vanilla pastries with strawberries, he pondered upon all the evidences he had gathered till now, the gaps in his conclusions, his deductions and the murderer's motives.

No matter how hard he thought, the murderer's actions didn't clearly add up, or point towards any particular direction.

Except..... Oh....

Taehyung's mind was already running with the now seemingly very plausible motive in the murderer's killing schemes. The benefits that the murderer would get if his suspicions were real. And now that he properly thought about it, connected the points Dansae's little episode today had provided him with, he could already connect them to the victims and their circumstances. Quickly, he jotted down all his discoveries in his personal casebook.

The murders were making more sense now that he could fit in the puzzle pieces, the rumors going around the city about the deaths, no discovery of any trails of the murderer's gift left behind and the odd circumstances in which the corpses were discovered. Seems like Runes weren't that much involved in the man's schemes, since Dansae confirmed it as his doings, except the one that the murderer willingly left behind. On a piece of parchment, very similar to paper. For him.... Why though? He would definitely find out.

Was it simply because the murderer was overconfident, playing the game of cats and mice with him or something more serious, something more dangerous. Dansae did say that his father often spoke about him, didn't he? Then it would mean that the criminal had something planned for him.