Chapter Thirty One: 🍋A Mess🍋

"Because it is a pleasure to burn."

I slam my hands on the table, "Fahrenheit 451!!"

"Correct. Since you know the book, I'll give you another tidbit. Your mother read that book to me."

My mind goes blank. "Why tell me this?"

His eye goes to my red hair, "Let's say she's one of the few I have a soft spot for and you remind me of her."

As I'm about to ask another question, my phone rings displaying Konro's name on the screen. Joker stands up, "Before you answer that, I have one last gift to give."

"And that is?"

"If you want the answer to who or what caused the incident from ten years ago, I suggest looking at company one's district. Let's just say history is repeating itself at a rapid rate."

"Thank you." I mean it.

"Don't thank me for helping you bury your own grave. We'll see each other again Clarisse."

🃏🎴🃏🎴🃏🎴🃏

After Konro gave me an earful over the phone we return to the guardhouse. I immediately walk upstairs and collapse on the bed. My mind is all over the place; just when I feel like I might drown in it all, Benimaru's face appears above me.

"What's wrong? Did he hurt you?" He lays down next to me, staring at my face with concerned eyes. An expression I don't see very often on his relaxed gloomy face.

"He didn't hurt me...I just don't know what to feel about the situation anymore. He knew my mom...he cared about her. At the same time he did some messed up shit using infernal ash. I...I don't know..." the tears I was holding back during our card game comes forth. "He fucking quoted Fahrenheit 451. What the hell am I supposed to think? My mom read the book to him...everything I thought I knew is crumbling and...it's scary."

Benimaru rests his hand on my cheek; his thumb rubbing away the escaped tears. I place my hand on top of his and get closer to his body as he holds me against him. He doesn't try to say anything, he provides me a haven in his arms as my world crumbles beneath me. We stay like this for a while; sometimes silence is more helpful than words.

🔥🔥🔥🍜🔥🔥🔥

I don't recall falling asleep, but I am awakened by the smell of spicy ramen and Benimaru poking my cheek. I open my eyes to Benimaru sitting on the edge of the bed holding a bowl of ramen.

"I got you one too. Thought you might want to eat something." Benimaru points to the paper delivery bag on top of his drawer. 

"Thanks, I'm sorry I'm such a cry baby." I get up to grab my dinner.

"Yeah you are. You cry and cry all the time."

"You make me sound like a mess."

"Not at all. Crying doesn't make you weak, it just means you have powerful emotions. You're just different from me and I like that."

I sit in his lap, straddling his hips; he smirks at me, "Let me feed you again."

I smile, "I guess I'll humor someone as incorrigible as you."

I open my mouth and wait for him to feed me the ramen. His cheeks become flushed and I can feel something hard push against my lower half. I hear the bowl clatter to the ground as he shoves his tongue down my throat. I kiss back with equal ferocity; my fingers getting tangled in his hair as he picks me up by ass and carries me to the bathroom. He pulls down his ramen broth soaked pants as his dick springs up.

"You make me into such a mess..." he mutters.

I walk over to him and pull off his shirt, "You love it. I can see it in your eyes."

He turns on the shower and waits for it warm up; I strip off my clothes and sneak over to smack his ass. He turns and grabs my ass while fiercely making out with me. I almost forget about the water running until I feel some of the droplets from the shower head on the floor.

I pinch his butt to get his attention, "Babe the shower is still running."

"Shit." He turns around sets the shower handle to the middle.

I step around him into the shower, moving my hips deliberately, "Well are you coming?"

He steps into the shower and pins me against the wall, "You're gonna be the death of me, I swear."

I kiss his jaw, "Oh hush, not my fault you get distracted." 

His arms wrap around the small of my back as we continue to kiss; I wrap my arms around his broad shoulders as I press my body against his. Suddenly, he stops and pulls back to look at me. Something serious and rigid in the way he looked.

"Do you want to lose your virginity right now?"

My face heats up and I begin to stumble over my words, "Oh...uh...wow I don't know."

"That's fine. I won't make you, but when do you see yourself ready?"

My heart calms down a bit, "If I had to say when it would have to be is whenever I leave the church as a sister...and it's not because of the vow. I can't explain it well but it's like if I can take that final step in my mind I would be ready to...well be able to stand by you without anything holding me back."

He gently kisses my forehead, "I don't get it but I can wait." He kisses me deeply again; his arms snake around my waist as he pulls us closer together. He pulls back with a smirk, "Besides...there are plenty of ways to mess around."

I smile back, "Oh like what?"

"Glad you asked because I bought something I think we can both enjoy."

He walks out of the shower and into the room; I can hear him rummaging around drawers. Then he's back with two balls on a silk string.

He tilts my head up with his thumb and forefinger; his thumb tracing my lower lip, "Wanna try?"