28~//After-math\\

Warning: Swearing, More descriptive scenes of a Car-crash- Also, this chapter is long.

|~|Dream/Clay's POV|~|

...I checked my side mirror, looking for a car coming by in the left lane- no one. I turned on my left blinker and started drifting over to the lane. The car ahead of me, which had been moving at a snails-pace picked up its speed and I groaned internally. 

North American drivers were ridiculous.

I sped up a bit more, now going twenty over the speed limit. The other car kept its pace and I slowly passed it. I came level with the other driver's seat and peeked into the car. The other driver- a man who looked to be in his young twenties- looked at me as well and narrowed his eyes. I looked away and rolled mine, staying at the same pace.

"Dude- just leave him, he's being an arse." Nick said, shifting his arm to put it on the doors ledge. I let out a breath and agreed, looking ahead and searching for Darryl's black SUV. I saw it, just a few car's lengths ahead of the smaller SUV next to me.

I couldn't stay in the left lane forever next to this car- but if I were behind it, I might not see them turn off the highway. I grumbled, giving one last attempt to pass the car, pressing up to over thirty. The little SUV, being the arse he was sped up as well and I gave up my attempting, slowing again. I looked at Darryl's car again, noticing another brown car ahead of them.

Wait, that wasn't a car-

"Oh shit!" Nick yelled, leaning forward in the passenger seat next to me. I heard shuffling and leaning forward in back seats, where George, Finn and Vurb were seated.

Then we all watched in horror as the car hesitated like someone hit the brakes, then slammed into the probably more than a thousand-pound moose.

I felt like the world slowed down, like I wasn't paying attention- we whizzed past their car and I swerved into the right lane, putting my foot in the brakes. The car slid to a stop and I threw open the door, jumping out of the truck. A loud smashing sound echoed from the crash again and a new wave of fear hit me. I could hear Nick, George and everyone else that was in our car sprint after me.

I arrived at the seen and my fear and worry overflowed- I held back the tears I could feel at the brim of my eyes. The front of the car was crushed, the headlights broken and drained of all life. The massive moose was lying in front of the car, lifless as the smashed vehicle.

It was dead. But worse- how many of my friends were dead as well?

I looked over through the windsheild, which was shattered and sprinkled with drops of blood. I could see Darryl, his head lying in the corner of the car. Y/n was keeled over the steering wheel, her hair frizzy and stained by the blood dripping from her forehead. She wasn't moving- I prayed she'd just passed out.

I heard a real sob come from behind me, and I turned to see Nick's eyes wet with tears. George was shocked, staring at the wreck in front of him with wide eyes.

"Call 911!" I yelled, turning away from them again and running to the doors. I could see the back of the car was smoking, probably from fire- why was it on fire?! I hesitantly pulled my hand away from the door handle, pacing towards the back of the car.

A tiny, blue SUV was barely recognizable, sticking out of the back of Darryl's larger SUV.

It was the tiny car that had been driving next to me.

|~|Sapnap/Nick's POV|~|

I didn't even bother stopping the tears from rushing out of my eyes, the sobs choking up my throat. My best friends were in the destroyed, wrecked car in front of me, unconcious- and there was nothing I could do about it.