-23-

"It's just a minor head injury but she might experience ringing in her ears. She's going to be fine after some rest." The doctor gave an envelope to my mom and left.

"Why did this happen?!" I closed my eyes when I suddenly heard a high pitched ring. I covered my ears but the ringing won't stop.

My mom continued to shout at me and it's clearly making the ringing worse.

"I'm asking you Areu-"

"MOM SHUT UP!" Her palm landed on my cheeks and it felt like hell. The ringing doubled and I can't hear what she's talking about.

My tears started to flow because of being frustrated. I looked at my mom's back as she slammed the door loudly.

I tried to cover my ears even though I know that it's a futile attempt. As time goes by, the ringing softened until it disappeared completely.

"Noona..." I looked at the door and saw Junghwan. He looked like he was about to cry as he walked towards me.

"I'm sorry... I didn't know what to do so I called Mom..." I ruffled his hair which made him cry.

"It's not your fault, Junghwan." Junghwan shook his head and apologized repeatedly.

"I'm fine, Junghwan. You don't have to be so sorry..."

"But she sold... your... condo..." My eyes widened and I can see that he's surprised.

"Wha-what?"

"She was so angry she sold your condo so you'll go home..."

My body tensed up just from the thought of going back to that house.

"I... I can't." I pulled of the things attached to my hand and got off my bed.

"No-noona! Where are you going?!"

"I can't go back to that house Junghwan!" I looked at the cabinet beside my bed and saw my phone and wallet.

"But you have nowhere to stay!"

"I'd rather stay on the streets than go back to that house!" I grabbed all of my things and looked at Junghwan.

He held me on my wrist trying to stop me from going out but I pulled my hand back and pushed him.

"I'm sorry, Junghwan." I went out the room and locked him inside.

I ignored his shouting and immediately went outside the hospital. I felt the cold wind hug me because of the thin clothes I'm wearing.

People are looking at me like I'm a crazy person. Well, they can look and say all the things they want, but that alone won't stop me.

"What are you doing, Areum?"