-29-

"What? She's here?" I heard my dad's voice and what followed is a knock on my bedroom door.

I immediately unlocked it and saw my dad with a shocked face.

"Hi, dad." A sad smile slowly crept on his face and I hugged him tight.

"But you know what will happen now that you're home."

I nodded at him while smiling. He ruffled my hair and told me to rest. I was looking at my mirror and I noticed my swollen eyes.

My phone suddenly rang and saw that it's Hyunsuk.

"Areum! Where are you?!" He sounds like he's been running for hours...

"I'm at my parent's house..."

"Your... parent's... house?"

"That's right..."

"Okay... I'll... see you tomorrow."

I immediately ended the call because I heard my Mother's voice.

"Who were you talking to?" I hid my phone behind me but she pulled my hand. She grabbed my phone but she didn't looked that mad.

"I'm confiscating your phone." I just nodded knowing that I can't do anything before our deal.

"Follow me to the office. We'll talk about our deal."

She started to walk and I slowly followed behind her. When we arrived at the office, Dad is looking into some files.

"Speak up." She sat at the couch and took a deep breath.

"Ple-please invest on YNU." Her eyebrows furrowed and she started to laugh.

"The company that went bankrupt? If I'm not wrong, the owner of that company have a daughter that goes to your school, right?"

I slowly nodded and I heard my Dad's sigh.

"I can't. It's a waste of money. "

"Please... I'll do anything! Just... please... please invest to that company!"

She furrowed her eyebrows and walked towards me.

"Why would you even ask me to invest to that company?"

I bit my lip, nervous of what she'll do if she discovered why.

"Ye-Yena will get married to a random guy if their company wasn't able to pay their debts..."

"And how will that affect you?"

I started fidgeting my fingers as I became a nervous wreck.

"A-Asahi... is Yena's boyfriend..."

"Asahi? The boy you're friends with?!"

I nodded and she suddenly chuckled.

"So what? Did your friend asked for money? See! That's what you get for choosing the wrong peop-"

"It's not like that!"

"Then why are you sticking into their business?!"

"Because I love him!"

I felt a sharp pain on my cheeks and I saw my dad walking towards us. He stopped her from pulling my hair.

I slowly kneeled down and she started to laugh.

"YOU'RE A FAILURE!" My tears started to fall as she continued to shout on me. My ears started to ring because of her voice.

"Please... I'll do anything..." She stopped shouting and I saw my father's hand and held it.

He pulled me up and I saw my mom sitting on the couch. He wiped his handkerchief on my cheeks and saw blood on it.

"Quit studying that stupid film making and go abroad to study business."

I knew it. This is what she's going to ask for.

I can do that. It's going to be easy. If that's going to help Asahi, then I'll do it.

I nodded and thanked my mom but she glared at me.

"You think I'm already done?"

What? She's going to ask for more?

"You're going to marry our inventor's son."

What? Ma-marriage?!

"If you're not going to do the things I'm asking for, then you're not going to get any money from me."

I... I don't want to get married!

But Asahi... Asahi will get hurt...

"I... I'll do it."