-26-

Asahi's POV

I tensed up as I received a message from Areum's mother. I tapped the message to open it.

Mrs. So
You better stay away from my daughter starting tomorrow.

I peeked inside the guest room only to see her already asleep. I saw her hugging the stuffed toy she left after having a sleepover in my condo.

I sighed as I remembered the day Areum ran away from home.

"Areum! What's wrong?!" Her hair is a mess and her tears won't stop even. She have a large cut on her arm but it's not the only thing that makes me concerned.

"I've finally left home, Asahi." She's smiling widely despite her appearance. She suddenly hugged me and I noticed that her sobs stopped.

She's unconscious.

"I don't know what to do... Areum..." I whispered as I sat at the floor, staring at her face.

"I don't want to lose you but I know that you're going to get hurt..." I smiled as I remembered all of the silly things we did together.

"But I still love her..." My chest started to hurt when I remembered Areum's confession.

"Hey, Areum. Tell me what to do... What do I do if I still love her?" I didn't notice that I started to cry.

"I still love her but... I don't want to lose you..." I held her hand and caressed it. I noticed her tears stained cheeks which made my heart break.

"But I need to make you forget your feelings for me..." I stood up and fixed the blanket over her.

"I'm really sorry for what I'm going to do, Areum."