-30-

Asahi's POV

"Is she alright?" Hyunsuk glared at me as he placed his phone in his pocket.

I just... I can't calm down. What if she's being beaten by her mother?

I shut my eyes tightly as I remembered her appearance when she left her home.

"Why would I even tell you?"  He walked out of my condo and I'm left alone.

My phone suddenly rang and saw that Yena is calling me. I took a deep breath before answering her call.

"Yena? Why?"

"Asahi! Our company survived!" My eyebrows furrowed at what she said.

But how?

"Areum's mother invested to our compa-"

"What?! Why would her mother do that?"

"I don't know... but Asahi! Our company is saved!"

"Yena, I need to go somewhere. I'll end the call."

I ended the call and dialed Areum's number but it seemed like her phone's turned off.

Something's wrong... Areum's mother is a strict one. She won't invest on a company that's about to fail...

I drove my car towards their house. I tried to dial her number again but her phone's still turned off.

"Junghwan answer your phone!"

I heard a ring tone behind me and saw Junghwan in his pajamas.

"Asahi hyung?!"

"Where's your sister?!" He glared at me and grabbed on my collar.

"Stop giving her false hopes. I do respect you but if you're here just to do that, then I might not be able to stop myself."

He pushed me with great force and I stumbled on my car.

"I just want to know if she's alright."

"If you want her to be alright..."

He walked towards their gate and stopped.

"Then don't make her regret her decision. You should show her that you're happy with the girl you love."

Then I'm right... She did something to make her mother invest in Yena's family business...

But what could it be?

"Junghwan! You're too slow! Where's the ice cream?"

I tensed up when I heard Areum's voice. Junghwan looked at me and he immediately went inside to stop Areum from going out.

I waited for a while before going inside my car.

"Why did you do it..."

I pulled out my phone from my pocket because it started to ring. It's Yena...

"Asahi!!! Would you like to meet up with me tonight?"

I looked outside my car and I saw Areum's silhouette from her bedroom window.

"I can't, Yena... I'm currently with the girl I like..."

"Geez... You didn't have to tell me that! You know that I still love you!"

I chuckled at her response and I can clearly imagine her face. She's probably pouting right now.

"Then goodluck to you! Bye!"

She ended the call and I looked back to Areum's window but the lights are already turned off.

Now, how can I make her not regret the decision she made...

When I just realized that she's the girl I love?