-42-

"Areum... I love you." Asahi's eyes looks sincere. I shouldn't let myself get swayed but why is my heart beating fast?

Why am I softening up just because he told me he loves me? Why is my anger fading?

But most importantly, why did I kiss him back?

"I realized it the when my brother kissed you."

That was... 4 years ago...

"It's too late, Asahi. I already have Hyunsuk." He removed his hands on my cheeks.

"But you don't love him." My eyebrows furrowed at what he said.

Who is he to tell me who I love?!

"How can you say so? You're talking like you know me more than myse-"

My eyes widened when he cut me off with a kiss.

There it goes again. My heart is beating faster. Way faster when I'm with Hyunsuk.

And I hate it.

I pushed him and covered my face with my blanket.

"I'm pretty sure that you still love me, Areum."

After a while, I heard the door open and close. He's gone.

"I hate to say it but I think you're right." I unconsciously touched my lips.

"I think I still love you..."

My phone suddenly rang and I immediately answered it when I realized that Hyunsuk is calling me.

"Areum! Are you alright?! Do you want me to come over? Are you hungry?"

I chuckled at his nonstop questions which made him shout.

"How can you laugh!? I'm very worried about you!"

"I'm alright, Hyunsuk. Stop worrying about me."

I got off my bed and felt a sharp pain on my stomach. I guess it's because of the punch earlier.

"Hyunsuk... I talked to Asahi."

"I know."

He knows?!

"Junghwan actually knocked me out because I was so opposed to it. What did he tell you?"

I bit my lip, thinking if I should tell him that Asahi asked me to give him a chance.

"He... asked me if... I can give hi-"

Chance... chance... chance?

I'm stupid to think that I actually have a chance.

"If only you told me the real reason why she broke up wit-"

"I'm sorry..." I looked at him but all I can see is hatred.

"Your sorry won't do anything." I nodded at his statement and walked towards him slowly.

I smiled at him and slowly wrapped my arms on him. He tried to push me but I hugged him tighter.

"Areu-"

"Please... for the last time..." He stopped pushing me which made me smile.

No... That's not what happened... He... he told me that he doesn't care what will happen to me!

My heard started to hurt and I dropped my phone. I can hear Hyunsuk's voice but my head just hurt so much.

"No! That's not what happened!"

I heard knocks on my door and my ears started to ring. I felt my eyes getting heavier as that memory continued to flash on my mind.

"Noona!" The door swung open and Junghwan carried me and laid me on my bed.

My eyes shut completely as I whispered the same thing, again and again.

"That's not... what happened..."