-43-

Hyunsuk's POV

"Noona!" I ran out of my condo as I heard Junghwan's scream on the phone.

Something's wrong. What happened?!

"Areum?! Areum what happened?!" I cursed under my breath as I thought of something.

Maybe she... remembered something.

I went inside my car and tried to call her but  she's not answering. I slammed my steering wheel as I thought about Asahi.

"Just when I'm about to have her." I didn't notice my tight grip on the steering wheel.

"You're going to take her away from me just when I'm about to have her!?"

I dialed Asahi and he immediately answered it.

"What did you say to Areum?!"

"Why do you sound so mad?"

"Because you're trying to break her again! She's already happy! Why are you trying to break her heart again?!"

"I'm not breaking her, I'm fixing her."

"Are you serious?! I fixed her, Asahi! I helped her move on from you!"

I heard him chuckle which made me furrow my eyebrows.

"You fixed her by using lies, hyung."

"Shut up!"

"And that lies is the one that's going to destroy her."

I ended the call and screamed.

I just love her so much... I love her so much that I... lied.

"Areum?  How are you feeling?" I held her hand which made her smile.

"I'm fine..." She tried to sit but she's having a hard time so I helped her.

My eyes widened when she suddenly pulled me into a hug. I heard soft sobs and I felt my shoulder getting wet.

"Did I do something to make you back out on our marriage?" I pulled out of the hug and patted her head.

I will never back out if there's one.

But if that's what she remembers, then I should take advantage of this to help her move on from Asahi.

That's right, I'm just doing this to help her...

"I never said that I'm going to back out!" Her face lit up which made me smile.

I'm just doing this to help her.

"I'm just being selfish." My tears started to fall.

I tried to console myself by saying that I'm lying to her to help her move on from Asahi but I know.

I know that I did it for myself. I did it because it will be favorable to me.

But I can't give up. I won't give up.

"Not until she says that she doesn't love me anymore."