Freedom - Chapter Two: Rebels

***Dream-state***

I didn’t know what was happening, I couldn’t hear anything, I couldn’t see anything. No… That wasn’t right, I could see but all around me was darkness. The blackness seemed darker than ever, a bright light made me want to scrunch my eyes close before it blinded me – but I couldn’t. I didn’t know what to do, “the fight for justice has started,” a voice said. The voice sounded dark, it sounded forlorn, forbidding, cold but it also sounded… Lonely.

“On cold wings a fight will come, beware the runes being read, in the end you’ll pay a hefty sum.” The voice paused and I tried to figure out which direction the voice was coming from.

“Listen well young half-blood,” my anger stirred and I stilled in looking for the voice, instead I prepared for a fight. “There are those watching out for you, there are those waiting and hiding in the shadows for your true power to show. A chain of events will start soon and I can do nothing but warn you, heed this warning.”

“Demons will arise, Angels will rush, when flames rise, listen to the thrush.” I was still, focusing on remembering everything the mysterious voice told me. “Cards will reveal, the utmost reality, break the seal, see the brutality.” The voice seemed sad on the last line, “I wish this was not so yet I believe that… No, I can’t tell you,” the voice stopped. “When all is lost, justice will come through,” the voice stopped and I pondered on the words.

“I suppose this is for the future?” I said softly hoping the voice would answer but not expecting it to.

“Yes… It is and soon, soon all will be revealed and I just want to tell you, it isn’t what you thought or will think. Hopefully, hopefully, you will understand.”

Everything went dark once again but this time I felt a pull which was getting stronger and stronger by the second. I tried to hold on, stay in the blissful darkness where nothing was wrong. However it seemed fate had other ideas and I was swept away back into reality.

***Reality***

My eyes opened but my breathing pattern didn’t change, I had taught myself this for no other reason but to not be bored. I shifted my weight in order to get up, a low groan escaped my clenched teeth as I moved. My cuts and bruises which I hadn’t felt yesterday in my happiness, could now be felt and they were sore, very sore.

I got up, carefully in order not to crack any scabs or make the pain any worse. I stretched listening to the cracking of joints, a wistful sigh escaped me at the thought of before I was captured. I looked around me, I could see Cat asleep a metre away. I tried to figure out why it felt as if the temperature was dropping when I realised that the plane was slowly diving down. I decided to not call on Hellfire to help me, after all he deserved a rest. I walked over to Cat and shook her shoulder gently, “Cat… Cat,” I called trying to get her to wake up.

With a grumble she did, “I don’t appreciate being woken up, this better be something important.”

“Well it is important as if I didn’t wake you up we would probably be seen by normal humans.” I said, “undo the spell and I’ll take us down to the ground, I’m sure that spell took more of your energy then you’re willing to admit.”

Cat glared at me, “why don’t you call Hellfire?”

I ran a hand through my black hair as the water from the clouds had managed to get the majority of the dust out. “I don’t want to, if I can do it myself there is no point as he might need to conserve his energy for a fight. Your choice is piggy back or I can carry you in a fireman position,” I told her.