Fallen Angel chapter 2

"Cassie we're running out of House of Hades books!" I shouted to my manager at the front of the store as I searched for any other books we had run out of which had just been published.

"That's all good another shipment's coming tomorrow!" Cassie, shouted back I grinned I wouldn't have to put it away tomorrow it was my day off!

"Ha! Someone else can put them away it's my day off!" I shouted back, standing up and dusting my legs off as I walked towards the front of the book store.

"Well then, am I all by myself?" Cassie gave me puppy dog eyes, which for a 30 year old she managed to pull off.

I smiled at her, "nah you know me I'll come in and help as long as I get a book as free payment," I told her.

She frowned at me, "well..."

"I know you'll do it! I'll be back here around 11 to 1pm ok?" I said as I started walking out, I heard Cassie's agreement as I walked out of the store. I glanced around the small town; breathing in deeply as I smelt the fresh air I headed back home.

I liked to walk back to my house, which was a far while away from the town, but it kept me fit and if no one was around I could sometimes let my wings out and fly. But then if my horse had let himself out to be annoying he might meet me in the paddock and I could ride back. I started on the 3km walk back it wasn't too far away compared to other people, but it was well kept and I could pay the bills.

1km out of town no one was around and I let my wings out, my wings appeared out of the back of my hoody, they didn't tear holes as I had made small tears for them to come out of, I looked at my wings and smiled. My wings were pitch black, but at the bottom my feathers had red tips that could become fire. And there were silver streaks throughout my whole 4 meter wingspan out I stretched them. Jumping into the air I raced towards my house, I pulled my wings in as I summersaulted onto the ground when I reached my house.

Unlocking the front door, from the outside my house was plain and bare from the inside it was hardly any different. The main rooms I had were a kitchen, a lounge room, a guest bedroom and my bedroom. I looked at the clock as I entered it was already 8pm, quickly boiling some pasta to have plain I was suddenly I could feel a nearby magic presence, an Angel of Light I immediately knew. I continued cooking pasta but made some more for a second person, putting the pasta in two bowls I got up to answer the knocking at the door.

"Hello?" I said answering the door to find myself looking at a blond hair, like most Angels of Light and blue eyed person. With pale skin and lots of magic I knew he was a very powerful Angel.

"Daughter of Areila?" He asked with one eyebrow up something in all my years I couldn't master no matter how long I tried.

"Sorry who?" I asked looking confusing trying to act the part of a normal human, which I had managed to look like for many years.

"Zephyr?" He tried again, looking me in the eyes I suppressed a shiver it had been long since I had heard my old name.

"My name is Luna, the old owner of this house said their name was Zephyr they moved out around a year ago. My parents bought this house for my 15th birthday so I could have some independence while they were away for work."