Freedom - Chapter 1: Escape

We look like you.

We talk like you. 

We act like you.

But we’re not like you.

No, we’re completely different. 

Humans often think of Angels as majestic, beautiful people with white wings. Of course that means Fallen Angels are the evil Angels who have committed sins. But that’s where you’re wrong, not all Fallen Angels are ‘evil’ as humans say.  My ‘sin’ is simple but it shouldn’t make me a Fallen Angel, it isn’t fair. But one thing everyone learns is that life isn’t fair, some more than others. Why am I a Fallen? I was born, the offspring of an Angel and Demon, of course at the time the Angel didn’t know that the demon was, in fact, a Demon. But it condemned me, I blamed neither of them for this. That would be unfair I’m sure that they were punished by someone or something else. 

I’m not the only one like this, there are others out there. Of course there are many other hybrids out there as well, I’m one of many. Not that there are many hybrids, the supernatural are becoming wise. Normally Demons just try to cause mischief and make havoc for supernatural, mainly for Angels by disguising themselves. That’s how hybrids such as me are made, however not all Fallen Angels are out there walking around humans.

Some are caught and chained and punishments are wrecked upon them, any hybrids of Demons and Angels are counted as Fallen. Those of Angels and any other race, including humans aren’t counted as Fallen however they are out casts.

I was free for ten years after my birth, abandoned for those years and living among humans and not understanding. Yet somehow in the back of my mind I knew and figured things out but then I was caught. For the next six years I have been kept chained to jagged rocks surrounded by other Fallen chained just like I. For six years my life are about the same each day, due to the fact I wasn’t immortal I did get food and water. But since I wasn’t a human I didn’t need food and water for ages until I died. 

The sixth year I was in that horrible place was the first time in six years something changed. I was now sixteen and chained upon the rock. My black wings were aching from being held and pinned up, my arms were held in front of me chained to the ground. My eyes were closed as I focused on my breathing, a shift in the air told me something was here.

My eyes opened looking to see my black-grey hair in front of me in dire need of a cut. I kept my breathing slow and steady and waited until the swish of wings had faded from my hearing.

I raised my head and looked at the person beside me, I saw black leathery wings. The wings shuddered and heaved as they tried to move and I now looked at the person. The person had grey skin, they turned their head and looked me and I suppressed a shudder. Three claw marks were down their arm like a scratch from a werewolf, the person’s blue eyes gleamed in the shadows.

My voice sounded gravelly, but I suppose that was to be expected, six years of non-use didn’t do it any good. “Who are you?” I said quietly, not quite sure if I was speaking.

The person opened their mouth and I caught a glimpse of white fangs; vampire, I thought. “What?” They asked.

“Why are you here? No one has been imprisoned for two years and 30 days, and they were killed a couple of days after and I highly doubt your here to simply be killed.” I said my voice starting to regain its normal speed and sound.

The vampire let out a laugh as if not quite believing what I was saying, “surely others have come here recently? After all where else would they take the rebels?”

“Rebels? I’m afraid I’m not quite up to date with the news,” I said confused.

“No kidding, if you don’t know about the rebels! It started around two years ago, when someone was captured for no reason other than saving a humans’ life.” The vampire said, “My name is Catharine but everyone calls me Cat.”