02

_______

️ I'm in my bed and you're not here, and there's no one to blame but the drink in my wandering hands.

_______

Caden's Point of View

_____

Los Angeles is a sight, a beautiful sight. Fiona and I sit by the beach, enjoying the warmth of our bodies. Despite this place being crowded, nothing can touch us, I feel like we are invisible.

"You are wearing it." I say to her.

She smiles, running her hand through the beautiful blue dress. "I am."

I pull her closer, my hands on her waist and I kiss her softly and slowly. We pull apart, and we lay out backs on the cool sand. Beside me, I see a hydrangea, strange. I reach for it, placing the blue flower in her hair.

Smiling, she says "Thank you."

"You're welcome." I smile.

I watch as she sits up, only to sit on me. "Public Sex?" I tease and she rolls her eyes.

"Shut up, I just want to lay on you." and she does, resting her head on my chest, feeling my heart beat for her and only her, I feel at peace.

After a minute or two, I say "When will I see him?."

She chuckles, vibrating all over me. "Calm down, babe."

My hands in her hair and I say "I can't meet Perfect, she sounds bitchy, but he seems okay."

"Nathaniel is more than okay, he's the best. He'll be in LA tomorrow, you'll see him then." She says dreamily, she really loves him.

"Okay." I whisper, rubbing her back.

"You nervous?" She looks at me with a teasing grin.

"Me?, Nervous?, Never. Absolutely no." I huff.

"Caden." She says slowly.

"Maybe a little." I confess, and she gets up, pulling me up.

"You shouldn't be." She says as I dust the sand off my hair. "You are amazing, he'll love you, I do."

A breath of relief escapes me. "Thanks."

"You're welcome. How are Will and Willia settling in?" She asks, intertwining our fingers.

"Perfectly." I smile at the mention of the twins.

We walk aimlessly around the beach and I notice things, the noise has reduced, I look around, it less crowded.

"Are you okay?" Vanilla asks.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I say as I stop walking, I hold her second hand and I say "Let's start over."

"We can't. We've ended." and slowly every piece of her begins to fade away.

"Vanilla?" I say in anguish, trying to hold on to her, but I can't, as she disappears into nothingness.