Goodbye To A World (Herobrine x Reader)

The art in this chapter is made by _tip_top_arts on Instagram 

Requested by: Priyanka (on Quotev)

Words: 890

Genre: Fluff and angst 

Associated song: Goodbye To A World - Porter Robinson

!Tw! Swearing, Gore, and Death
-------------------------------------------------------------------

"Thank you, I'll say goodbye soon. Though it's the end of our world, don't blame yourself now. And if it's true, I will surround you, and give life to a world, that's our own."

        "Perfect," you smile, putting the final enchantment on your bow. Today is your big day, the day you've been preparing for since you were only twelve. Now twenty, it's time for you to slay the infamous Ender Dragon. You climb up the ladder from your enchantment room back up to your chest room. You open your weaponry chest and grab your stack and a half of arrows. You've been waiting for this day since you were little. Your dad told you if you slay the Ender Dragon, there is a portal that opens up to a forgotten land. One of the buildings in the forgotten land, holds elytra wings, you've wanted these ever since you heard about them.

        From that day on, that was your life goal, to get those wings. You believe you can do it, you've saved a village from Pillagers, you killed the Wither, and gained a Nether Star. You know you can beat this Dragon. However, your boyfriend is worried about you. He's terrified of the possibility of you dying. He wants to come with you, but you don't want him to. This is your time, you have to do this by yourself. To make him feel better, you both made Ender Chests to pass paper to and from with writing on it. You have one saying 'I beat it', and another saying 'help me', in case of an emergency. Herobrine reluctantly agreed to the idea, but you promise that you will survive. 

        "Alright, I think I'm ready!" You say excitedly, Herobrine gives you a look full of concern and anxiety. You notice and wrap your arms around him and pull him into a tight embrace. "Everything will be okay, I promise," you whisper into his ear. You pull away and give him a quick peck on his forehead. You say your goodbye, and go down to the fourth floor of your basement. There lies a mine cart and some rails reading down into the End portal room. You set yourself into the mine cart and press the button to make the redstone rail power up, propelling you forwards. Once you reach the bottom, you get out of the mine cart. Taking a deep breath, you jump into the End portal.

        You pop out on to a tiny obsidian platform inside of the island. You place your Ender chest down and proceed to mine a staircase leading up out of the cave you were in. You hear a booming roar as the purple and black beast launches a fire ball at you. Quickly, you sprint behind one of the obsidian towers. You decide the best course of action was to take out the End Crystals so the dragon can't regenerate health. Thankfully, you brought three stacks of ladders. You place one down, then make your way up the tower.

        The bright crystal was trapped in a cage, you mine through the cage and the crystal, you brace yourself as the crystal explodes.You repeat this until you reach the final End crystal. You were just about to hit the crystal, when the dragon throws a fireball at you when you didn't notice. The fire ball knocks you off the tower and you slam into the ground. You feel your ribs crack and you can barely breathe. You crawl your way down to the obsidian platform and place a piece of paper in the chest with 'help me' scrawled onto it. After you do that, your vision goes black. 

        Herobrine just got finished with a book he stole borrowed from a village library. For the tenth time that day, he checked the Ender chest. He gasped as he read your message. In seconds he was in the End room, jumping into the portal. He popped out onto the same Obsidian platform you're laying on. "No, no no no no." He mumbled as he got down on the ground next to you. 

     Something nudges you, and you wake up. You turn your head to see Herobrine, gently pushing you trying to get you to wake up. You raise your hand to cup his cheek. "Hi honey." You muse hoarsely, Herobrine pulls you into a hug. "Can I have a favor?" You whisper into his ear. "Anything, baby." Herobrine affirms. "Beat the dragon and go to the forgoton lands for me, okay?" You ask sorrowfully, Herobrine's eyes grow wide and he feels you slip away in his arms. He stays there, hugging you and sobbing for hours. 

     Five years later, he killed the Ender Dragon, and got the elytra wings. Everyday he visits your grave f/fs (favorite flowers) lay on your grave, as well as the Ender Dragons head. An item frame sits on the tree in front of your tombstone with the elytra wings placed in it.