Part LXII ***- "Do you think he's lying?"

(Warning: section contains mature material)

Sunlight streamed through the balcony doors. The room was quiet. I didn't even hear the sound of Elijah's easy breaths beside me. Only the ongoing crashing sound of the waves outside. My hand slid over to his side only to find it empty. Was I alone?

My eyes slowly peeked open as I lifted my head off the pillow. I scanned the room looking for any sign of where he was. The balcony and bathroom were both empty. As far as I was aware, Elijah wasn't scheduled to meet with anyone until Sunday night. Even then he hadn't told me any specific details. 

Does that not strike you as odd that he just disappeared without a trace?

"Maybe he had a phone call to make and he didn't want to wake me up," I thought.

Keep making excuses for the man. Perhaps in time we will see who is right.

I grabbed my phone off the nightstand to check the time, that's when I remembered my conversation with "S" from last night.

With shaky hands, I scrolled through the emails. I wanted to ignore them completely. A part of me contemplated deleting the messages from my phone. . . the other half wanted to reach out to this unknown person and demand more information. What was I supposed to do?

I tossed my phone to the side and rested my head back against the headboard. Aside from the doubt that pounded in the back of my head, my entire body was still buzzing from the previous night's events. If I were to close my eyes, I knew I would be able to feel him. His lips tracing every mark on my skin.

"I want to kiss every single mark on your body. Everywhere you've felt pain," he hushed.

His rough hands gripped my hips, yet never bruised me. He kissed me deeper than anyone ever has. His words encouraged me to claim my pleasure and do what feels natural. Not once did I feel embarrassed or ashamed.

How could a man with such passion coursing through his veins be considered untrustworthy? What actually made him dangerous apart from his goods looks? He has taken an oath like every other doctor to help and heal his patients. I was defiant against the odds. 

I tried to ignore my need for him. The ache I felt whenever he would touch me lingers like a ghost. His very scent still remained in the bed sheets where I laid. I soon found myself getting tangled up all for the chance to smell him.

I didn't care if it looked creepy as I basically shoved my face in the bedding in order to capture his scent.

Out of nowhere, I heard a deep hum across the room. "You look good in my bed." His voice was low and gruff. "I could get used to seeing you like this."

"