Chapter 45 - Patton Winters

It had been 4 weeks since Logan had been in his coma. Everything still hadn't healed, Patton could see that by just looking at himself. The doctors had said, the more time he spends in the coma, the less likely it would be for him to wake up. It scared him, he'd been like this for a month.

What if he was like this forever?

Yvette was at Sam's house whilst Roman, Remus and Janus cleaned up Roman's and Remus' apartment - it was very dusty. So Patton was by himself today.

Well, that's a good thing. Those 3 had finally backed off a bit from Patton's beck and call. He wasn't a mess anymore. Well, I phrased that wrong, he wasn't much of a mess now. Compared to the 1st week, it was better. They now actually allowed him to be alone and go to places by himself.

Today, Patton decided to go to Coffee Coffee. The cafe where Logan and him met each other. The cafe where everything started.

He ordered a single strawberry cake and only one drink before sitting in the corner by himself to drink it.

Normally, it wouldn't take a normal person 20 minutes to eat a cake, but it took Patton that long. After shoving the last part in his mouth, he gave the dishes back and left.

It was a quiet day.

As Patton walked through the park, he couldn't help but think of Logan. Still a lot of bruises and scars hadn't healed yet and scrapes still were flowered all over his face like butterflies to pollen.

Children played on equipment and cried with joy with their friends as their parents texted people on their phones and scrolled through Facebook. People walking with their dogs passed by every so often but Patton didn't have the heart to look at any or all of them at all.

The cold rays of light swarmed around the area as-

A drop of water ploped onto Patton's glasses-

And another, and another and another.

"Oh," Patton simply gasped as the water soaked into his hair slowly as people quickly rushed away into shelter or just away.

He looked up as dark clouds dirtied the sky with grey clumps of soot pattered down from the air as it's empty dust. Patton felt a few drops splatter into his eyes, his eyelashes flickered away the water as he lowered his head and began walking away from there.

Unironically, Patton still lived in his childhood town whereas his parents moved away to a quieter area in town since kids were very loud on their street.

Still he kept walking, well not in the direction of his apartment.

Ding! Dong!

"Coming!"

The door opened and Veronica peered through the door at her as the water dripped from his clothes that stuck to his skin.

"Hey mom..." Patton mumbled, staring at his shoes.

Ushering Patton in, Veronica placed a soft arm around his shoulder, showing him in gently as she spoke, "Oh honey....come in, you're soaking, you'll get a cold,"

As Patton took off his shoes, his mother reached into a closet, bringing out of the closet a towel. Begining to dry his hair, Patton sat down on the stairs, completely silent as his mother rubbed the water out of his hair.

Placing the towel around his shoulders, Veronica gently placed her hands on Patton's face allowing his head to be able to look up at her. Rubbing water off of his face she cooed silently at him, "Aw...honey, what happened,"

Her warm gleams danced across his face like small rays of sunlight, placing the spotlight upon the multiple scraps.

"Did something happen..?"