What day is it?

Lucifer's POV

It had been two days since she said she was fine. I didn't know what it was but something inside of me said there was something wrong. What was it?

She seemed her normal weird self yesterday and the day before, but today she seemed different. When I got up to go to work she was sitting at the bar with a drink in hand. Of course I confiscated it but she didn't even try to say a smart response or to grab another one. She just sat there. It was kind of sad really.

When I asked her to do something she did it. That was when I realised something was off. She never did what I told her to do, not without picking a fight first.

We are in the car on our way to work and she is being weirdly silent. Not a plotting, thinking-up-a-plan kind of silence, just a quiet, staring out the window with her head in her hands type silence.

Without any other thinking, I pull over harshly to the side of the road and put the car in park. She doesn't even react.

"Okay, what's wrong?" Nothing. "Something's up, so what is it?"

"Nothing. Just leave it." Of course it's not nothing. Damn it, why did she have to make this so hard?

"You've been moping all day so just tell me why. Did someone die or something?" For some reason this grabs her attention immediately. She looks at me with fire in her eyes, literally, and then she starts to shout.

"You know what? You are such a fucking prick. You don't think about anyone but yourself." After her little rant, she pushes the car door open with such force I fear it might fall off.

"Lauren, get back in the car." The only response I got was a middle finger over her shoulder.

Bloody hell. She better not be having one of her episodes again. I got out of the car and locked it quickly before turning to follow her. Unfortunately, Los Angeles was a busy place and I had already lost her in the vast crowd.

There was no use wasting time looking for her here. She had probably already teleported somewhere else. So I headed back to the car. Only the car wasn't there.

On the ground in the empty parking spot was a Post-It note with the words, 'Meet you at the precinct. Have a nice walk' with a drawing of a devil's face next to it. I swear to hell I'm going to kill that girl.

***

Laurens POV

I had considered driving safely to the LAPD, thinking it would only slow me down if I got pulled over, but then I thought, Na.

So I sped off down the road, leaving nothing but a sticky note behind for Lucifer. He deserved it. Besides, I had to do something to keep myself occupied. Today of all days.

Ever since I woke up, I had been in a bad mood. The very thought of today's date made me feel sick.

The nearing building of the precinct brought me out of my thoughts. I slammed the break and pulled, expertly, into a park.

Two cops in uniform jogged out towards me so I teleported inside to avoid them. I really wasn't in the mood for one of Dan's lectures on hurting policemen.

Inside was just as busy as it usually was. No one registered my sudden appearance in an empty, low lit hallway away from the main room.

Chloe was on the other side, on the phone. I walked over to be able to hear clearer.

"Yeah, sure Lucifer, I'll be there soon." Oh, that's who it was. She hung up the phone and turned, hesitating when she saw me.

"I'll deal with you when we get back." Geez Lucifer you snitch. But I didn't fret for too long. I had enough to think about at the moment.

Chloe had a spinny chair at her desk so I occupied myself with a little bit of spinning. That was until a small blue cupcake was placed in front of me with a lit candle in the center.

"I hate you more than you could know." My comment didn't affect Dan and he only smiled kindly. Hell I hated that smile. It was full of pity and empathy.

"I thought you could use something nice considering what today is." Okay so the detective who is sick and tired of me so much as breathing out of line, remembered when my dim witted father didn't. Typical

"Does he know?"

"Nope. And I'm not planning on telling him." He frowned at this. Of course he did. "There's nothing wrong with him not knowing. The less people that know, the better." I answered his un-asked question.

Another sigh. "He's your father Lauren."

"And has done nothing to deserve knowing."

"Knowing what?" Shit. I turn to face Lucifer who has managed to creep up behind me.

"Nothing." He did not believe me at all.

"Well, go on. You just stole my car so I feel like I have a right to know." Bullshit.

"If you don't already know, then I have no reason to tell you." And with that, I stormed off.

***

Lucifer's POV

She walked away looking very annoyed and perhaps a little bit upset. I turned to Detective Douche but he just stared after her, tight lipped.

"You wouldn't happen to know why she's acting this strange, would you?" This earned a scoff from him.

"Like she said, if you don't know, maybe you shouldn't." And I still have no idea what that means.

"For goodness sake Dan, just tell me what's going on. She's already stolen my car and walked away from me twice today, who knows what else she'll do. Especially with that infuriating problem of hers."

Okay I may or may not have offended him. His expression looked fed up.

"You're impossible to deal with. Sometimes, I feel sorry for that poor kid of yours. I would anyone who had to be looked after by someone as incapable as you."

"How dare you." He interrupted me with a finger pointed at my face.

"No. You need to find out what's wrong with that girl of yours, before she truly never forgives you."