chapter 42 : kaira's holi celebrations

Both of the families were in the living room where they arrange the reception party. It was a small gathering with family members and some guests.

The guests congratulated Kartik and Naira while the families were talking with each other.

Kartik was completely mesmerized by Naira and was trying to talk to her but he didn't get that chance as the guests were there. Whenever he tried to Kirti was right next to him to tease him so he stopped himself.

Naira excused herself and went to meet her family members when she got chance. Kartik too was about to leave but Kirti stopped him.

"Where are you going huh?"She asked

"Water! I want some water. I will be right back!"He said and left. He went towards the kitchen and saw Naira standing there talking to Kairav. Just then Kairav left and Kartik knew this was his chance.

He walked towards her and pulled her into the kitchen which was empty.

"What are you doing huh? Someone will see!"Naira said as he pinned her to the wall.

"Haaye how beautiful you look! And do you really think I care what others will think?"He asked while Naira smiled.

"Come on let's go or else they will start looking for..!"Naira said but stopped when he pressed his lips against hers to shut her up.

"See that stopped you from talking..!"He joked after breaking the kiss while Naira pouted.

"You are so mean!"Naira said cutely. Kartik smiled which made her to smile. She pecked his lips and then hugged him. Kartik chuckled wrapping his hands around her.

"Kittu,Naira! Where are you two?"Suhasini said loudly.

"Let's go now!"Naira said as they parted. Kartik nodded and they went.

The reception ended a bit late and it was past 11:30pm.

"Kartik it is already late. Kairav should sleep. I am sure he is sleepy!"Naira said

"Haa but where is he?"Kartik asked looking around for him but couldn't find him anywhere.

"You two don't worry. Kairav and Vansh fell asleep in Vansh's room as they were playing there. Let's not disturb them for tonight. You two go and get some sleep. You both must be tired too!"Gayu said.

"Okay Di. We will go check on him once and then will go!"Naira said. Gayu nodded and then left. Kartik and Naira went to Vansh's room and saw Kairav sleeping next to Vansh on the bed. Naira went towards him and pecked on his forehead.

"Goodnight baby!"Naira whispered with a smile caressing his hair. Kartik too came and kissed on his forehead. Turning off the light on the nightstand Naira and Kartik then left and went to their room.

"Wow, it was a great day. Papa and our family members did a great job with this party in such a short time!"Kartik said sitting on the bed.

"Haa Kartik,They did this in a very short time for us. We are indeed so lucky to have them!"Naira standing infront of the mirror to take of her jewelry. Before she could Kartik came and held her hand.