Chapter 29

Chapter 29

I woke up with the heavy heart. Alice called me for breakfast and that morning was the heaviest atmosphere we had in our family. Or maybe I am the one who just felt it? But no one is talking. Mom is usually the cheerful one when we gather but this morning, she's the coldest. I can't even swallow properly because of the heavy feeling.

The breakfast ended very fast. We did our routine on going at the church mass and after that, we went home. Mom and Dad left during lunch because of business meetings. I locked myself at my room.

I still didn't charge my phone because I am so scared for another reality. I cannot bear to face anyone right now because I feel like I'm going to lose everything. Remembering last night was too hard for me because it was so heavy. All my insecurities, my confidence, and the way I beg. I would probably lose my mind. So, I decided to give myself a time and runaway from everything.

I stopped strumming my guitar when somebody knock on my door.

"Rosie?" I heard Alice.

"It's open." I simply said and minded my guitar again.

The door opened and it revealed Alice in her eyeglasses. She's probably reading some cases again and studying. She walks inside my room and sat beside me in my bed.

"Are you okay?" she asked. I didn't answer and continued strumming. I heard her sighs. "Lisa contacted me and she's asking for you. You are still not opening your phone?"

"Tell her I'm okay,"

She sighed. "Fine." She stood up and ready to leave my room. "Ah, she also said that Jungkook is so worried about you. You can always talk to me about anything, 'kay?"

I stopped strumming when I heard his name. Alice walk away and leaving me alone.

"Thanks, Alice. Don't worry about me." I only uttered.

"I love you, take care." She said before closing my door.

I throw my guitar at my bed and lie down. I chew my lip suppressing myself to cry. God, I miss him. It is so weird but I miss him right now. I wish I have the strength to talk to him and say my story. I know to myself that I am doomed because I got attached. I think it's just normal thinking that we are always together for the past week. We hang out and it's ridiculous to say if I haven't developed any feelings for him.

A sudden flashback of Jungkook and Jieun runs into my mind. Once again, it broke me into pieces and my overthinking doesn't help me at all.

It was late afternoon around 4:00PM when I decided to go for a walk. Tomorrow is Monday and I got to face the reality once again. This time, I know to myself that I need to stand on my own now and plan for my future. I just wished I'll got the scholarship and the entrance exam for the Altariego University.

Wearing my denim short shorts, sports bra, and a large jacket, I run around the village. I jog all my stress until I couldn't feel my feet anymore. After how many laps, I just walked around and stop at the playground. The sun is setting and it's near evening. Children playing were going home and I just stood there at the corner, watching everyone. I closed my eyes when the wind blew.

"Roseanne," someone called me in hoarse voice.

My eyes are still close, and I pressed it very hard stopping myself to cry. Just hearing his voice is too much for me, it literally sent shivers down my spine. I wanted look back but my feet were glued at the ground. I gasped when I felt his presence in front of me so I decided to open my eyes.

I tried to knot my forehead and pretend that I was shock.

"W-why are you here, J?"

"I couldn't contact you." He said angrily. "Where is your damn phone? You even left last night without a word! You said that we will see each other at the after party but you left. A little update won't hurt!"