61 - Evil Forest Dryad II

Knowing that it can't snuff out the tyrannical purple flame, the Evil Forest Dryad think of another approach. While it was trying to defend and thinking of solution at the same time, the evil spirit's sight fall on the duo who was the reason of its suffering, and it thought that it will probably stop if she kill the caster instead!

"Skree!!!" The suffering evil spirit shrieks in both pain and frustration. In pain since she wanted to attack the caster, splitting her focus which lowers the mental defense she created, making the purple fire burn her soul more directly. And in frustration as no matter what it did, it can't kill the fire that torments it. Just what kind of fire is this?

Evil Forest Dryad stretch her hand that was clutching her head and thirty rattan vines full of horrible thorns rose from the ground. Without delaying any more second, the thirty thorny rattans whip at Cole like an alive snake.

Thack! Thack!

"Skree!!!" The Evil Forest Dryad screeched in frustration when it skill was once again block by that invisible bubble. But instead of giving up, it change its attack pattern and enclose its opponent with all of the thorny rattans and constrict it. It wanted to squeeze Cole and Celia into meat paste!

Krrkk—Krrkk—

A teeth grinding, very unpleasant noise rang out when the thorny rattan tried to constrict and destroy that annoying protecting bubble. But no matter how hard and how long it try, it was still pointless as that defensive technique won't break.

"Skree!!!"

Seeing that her action was pointless, the Evil Forest Dryad screeched. And maybe due to her still increasing frustration, her soul defense gets weaker and weaker which results to more soul damage from the annoying and tyrannical purple fire. It thought of other way and it added a dark-evil energy in her attacks. Its dark-evil energy had a very powerful corrosive and penetrating property.

A menacing dark energy was added to the dried thorny rattan vines. It glowed with a dark aura and return on constricting the defensive bubble of her annoying opponent.

"Skree!!!"

Cole watched the horrible thorny rattan vines nervously while it were trying to constrict them into death. Fortunately, even with the addition of dark-evil energy, the frail looking defensive bubble didn't get destroyed. It ease his nervous heart a little but he can't cast away the fear he was currently feeling and it won't go away as long as those thorny rattan vines that seems like a chainsaw were still there, looming above their head.

"It is truly a big luck that that corrupted dryad don't have yet the ability the move or else we are doom." Celia said out of a sudden.

"Yes, I can see that. But... Why it can't move?"

"Just like any other part of Spirit Race, Forest Dryads shouldn't have any physical body, specially for them who was part of the Guardian Spirits Clan. Now, eventhough it had the physical body but since it was acquired through evil way, it had its own detrimental consequences and one of it is unability to move. That Evil Forest Dryad was no different from unsentient tree when it comes with mobility." Celia answered.

Then she added, "Forest Dryads was born as the guardian of forest. They were the entities that their sole reason to exist is to make sure that the forest the were born into won't be destroyed by anyone or anything. They were born to protect. In addition, their life was connected to the place they should protect. In case of this particular Forest Dryad, it will die the moment the Flowerhead Forest was destroyed."

"You mean that Evil Forest Dryad is unkillable unless we destroy the whole Flowerhead Forest?"

Celia shake her head, "No. In fact, we don't have to kill her." She paused, "Forest Dryads was not evil in nature. On the contrary, they were a pure, good nature Spirit. That is also the reason why they have the innate ability to command the beast in its domain without using paratism. Only, the moment it was corrupted, it learn the way of paratism."