Chapter forty-one: The Wedding.

Enbarr's palace was bigger than huge, you hadn't been there for a while and when you were shown to your lavish room, you remembered how Hubert would stride confidently down each hall and staircase- soldiers and servants either saluted or hid behind marble pillars.

"Lady, ___." A maid dressed in black and white was holding your dress, she broke off your thoughts, the ones of you wondering if you'd fit into this dress while you prodded your stomach; eagerly staring into the floor length mirror- expecting to lose weight wthin seconds. "Your dress." She bowed her head slightly, unzipping the plastic cover that protected the expensive gown and allowed it to slip off the hook and onto the satin quilted bed you had left un-made.

"Thank you." You sighed, the nerves were building up as your soft nightgown was removed by the maid and she helped you step into the white cloud that was your wedding dress. "Oh thank the Gods it still fits." You relaxed slightly, flattening out minor creases with your hands and admiring the effortless desings sewn into the pricey fabric.

"If I may." The maid bowed her head, "I believe you look perfect, miss." She motioned you over to a chair made from gold, it's padding red and imperial. "How did you wish to have your hair?" 

You were now placed in front of a gold vanity, the make-up artist had already been and gone so hair was the only way left.

"Perhaps up? With a few strands hanging down around my face." You tugged on a freshly washed strand of hair, it gave off strong essences of elderflower. Your preference, Edelgard must have known and ordered it for the occasion.

"As you wish. Feel free to ask for something else if you do not approve M'lady." Her small hands got to work, sofly brushing your locks back to the crown of your head and twisting it over and over until she could pin it firmly in place wih pearl hair pins. Just as you asked, she pulled out a few stray hairs so they framed your face and perfected the look.

"That is wonderful, thank you." You softly smiled at her work in the smaller mirror which was also coated in gold. The room you were in was far too over the top, Edelgard said the Queen of Nestra and future Lady Vestra should have the second best suite in the palace and boy did she serve.

The walls were covered in red and white wallpaper, the bindings on the walls were gold and in the corners were large, curled, gold feathers which were finely crafted and placed under the white ceiling. The floor was marble white, it shined in the sun which was escapig through the open doors of your pearly white balcony doors.

"Her Majesty has requested you to make way to the drawing room in order to prepare for the ceremony with the bridesmaids." Your Adrestian maid for the day informed you, she tightened her own hair before setting your Nestrian crown on your head, it's fine silver twinkled under the warm sunlight and it reminded people of your regal status.

(The crown is based on the George IV Dimond Daimdem crown which is an English crown. Cause I'm English, google it if you wanna see what I'm describing :). )

Another item of jewlery you wore was the silver charm bracelet Hubert gave you all them years ago and it was wrapped around your silk white gloves that went up to your elbows , you fiddled with the charms while your veil was being added, it was the final touch.

"I suppose now I must head down, we must make sure Hubert doesn't see me." You chuckled, allowing your train to drag behind you while two soldiers opened your doors for you. The halls were long and coated in a red floral running carpet, while you walked you looked down over the balcony and took in the preperation being made for your wedding below- it was beautiful.

"O-oh." A serious man dressed in black stopped in his tracks when he saw you and the maids holding your train, "Lord Hubert is about to pass through here any moment-"