Chapter Thirteen: Headache.

After the kiss you shared with Hubert, you didn't see him for the rest of that day. It was now Monday, the day after, and a fresh new week filled with classes and busy schedules.

You didn't dare tell Henry that you kissed Hubert, but as you walked beside him and Dorothea you couldn't help but want to walk hand in hand with Hubert too. Seeing them so public and happy always made you jealous. Of course you loved them both, you just wanted what they had.

"Good morrow class!" Byleth clapped his hands when walking into the Black Eagles class room. Catching everyone's attention and even earning a slight jump from you.

"Did I scare you there, ___?" He added, bring attention to your jumpy manor.

"You? Scaring Lady ___?" Henry piped up, "Never, I'm sure you just need to put them glasses of yours on, Professor!" He teased.

"Always the class clown aren't you, Henry?" Byleth chuckled, his emotions were showing a lot more now than when you first met him. He smiled and joked, which made classes even more fun and joyful to turn up to.

The rest of the class laughed with him, making jokes about how Henry should paint his nose red.

"Dorothea, you best run quick before he takes you to a traveling circus." Lindhardt smugly remarked, turning in his chair to see Henry's official 'girlfriend' red in the face.

"Shut it Linny!" Standing up for her man, you decided to back her.

"Yeah Lindhardt!" Both you and Dorothea laughed at each other's comments, Hubert watched as you stood by Henry with pride.

Hubert had been on cloud nine ever since the kiss, it was all he could think about. During the meeting he said nothing, feeling guilty that he left you like that. Yet planning a surprise or a gift was something not built into his nature. Your confidence and humor during the class had him staring in awe at any moment he could. Even if it was only the back of your head he could see.

You made him feel weak, and he knew you had him wrapped around his finger. But his biggest fear was that you could be using him, or even kissed him out of sympathy.

"What's on your mind Hubert? You haven't written anything for a while now." Dorothea took him out of his thoughts. She was right, he had done hardly any work and the Professor was surely going to call him out for it.

And that's exactly what he did.

"Hubert?" Byleth called from his desk, everyone anxiously waiting to be let go from the stuffy room. "Can you come here for a moment?"

At the end of every lesson, Byleth checks the books to see if his students actually did the work. This was the first time Hubert had ever produced such little work. Even when he was sick he did more than this.

Everyone went quiet, no one ever usually get's called up like that especially not Hubert. You in particular furrowed your brows as the 20 year old you locked lips with marched right past you.

Being at the front, you could hear slight parts of what was being said, something Hubert felt very uncomfortable about.

"Is there an explanation?" Byleth asked, lifting the slumps book up to his face.

"No, Professor." Hubert didn't seem bothered, he didn't even apologise at his lack of effort. In all honesty, he was just putting a brave face on for you.

"Well. I don't really know what else to say to that." Byleth blinked, Hubert catching him in a web.

"I will make up for it, Professor." Hubert bowed, taking leave-not before catching the eyes he adored to look into most. He saw worry, confusion and even disappointment without sharing a word with you. He could read you well, you knew that.

Even seeing these pained feelings you had, his heart skipped a beat. Thoughts of the kiss getting to him again, he could have sworn he was hot to the touch.

* * *

"Hubert." Edelgard greeted the lone at lunch, sitting opposite him for once.

"Lady Edelgard, I am sorry for leaving without you."

"___ walked me here, no need to apologise." Just as Edelgard suspected, at the sound of your name, Hubert looked around the dining hall like a Meerkat. She shook her head, smiling. "I like how she's changing you, Hubert, but please do not abandon your studies."

"I won't." He promised, attention now back on Edelgard.

"So you admit she is the reason?" Edelgard raised her eyebrows, she knew he had some feelings for ___, but for him to go this far? It was very unlike him.

"Partly, but I do not wish to talk about my 'love life'. Ever." He sighed, it was bad enough that he allowed himself to indulge in his fantasies.

"I beg to differ. But straight face Hubert, here she comes." The fare haired girl teased her right hand man.

"Can you believe Lady ___ isn't staying for lunch?" Henry huffed, dropping himself onto the chair next to Hubert, Edelgard flashing a pout his way.

"Do not whine, Henry." you groaned, a headache was coming your way, a nap was best suited for you. "I am not feeling too good, I'll be sleeping if you need me." A small yawn exiting your mouth.

"You are sick?" Hubert didn't even remembering asking but he clearly did.

"You care?" Henry snorted, biting a chicken-wing.

"It's...just a headache...nothing to fret over." This was the first time you had spoke with him that day, you prayed no one noticed the stammering or figiting.

"Hm, perhaps something else? You seem to be messing up your words too,___." Edelgard took an interest in the fact that you messed up talking with Hubert.

"Yea I notice tat too. Wan me t-o take yoo too Man-ela?" Henry asked, a mouth full of chicken.

"Where did you find him?" Hubert asked, clearly disgusted at the flying chicken crumbs exiting the man's mouth.

"On the streets." You said plainly.

Henry swallowed, "Literally."

"Oh. I was not expecting that." Edelgard blinked, Nestra really doesn't care about personal backgrounds do they? She liked that.

"Eh, it's a long story. But it ends in me owing Lady ___ my life." Henry preached, eyeing up another wing of chicken.

"My how time flies when you're bucketing chicken." Hubert stood up from his chair, not wanting to listen to the crunch and mumbling of Henry anymore. "Allow me to escort you, ___."

"Am I relly tha ba-d?!" Henry nearly choked that time.

"Yes. Now quickly." Hubert took your arm with instinct, "Enjoy your leader meeting, your highness." And with that you both took off.

Edelgard turned to look at Henry, who had a bone sticking out of his mouth.

"Does Hubert have a thing for, ___?" he asked, hoping she would know the answer.

"Perhaps you should question if ___ has a 'thing' for Hubert. You saw her talk."

"You make a compelling argument, Edelgard!" Henry bellowed, putting on his best Ferdinand impression.

"Have a good lunch, Ferdinand." she chuckled, taking her plate back to the counter.

-------------------------------------------------------------

Hubert is one jumbo Simp, not gonna lie.

.

.

.

That's all I really have to say. :)