Epilogue (2 of 2)

Epilogue (2 of 2)

"I'm sorry, Liz, but I can't. I have a lot of things to take care of. I have plans and..." Umiling ako at bumuntong-hininga. "I can't come with you..."

She stood and her eyes flared at me.

"You will, Zaro! Akala ko ba mahalaga ako sayo? Akala ko mahal mo ako? This is just a small thing to-"

"Matagal ko nang nilinaw kung ano tayo, Eliza. Alam mo kung hanggang saan ka lang."

She was being uncontrollable and hysterical. Iyon ang nabuo sa isipan ko.

I know she's going through a lot of pain but I don't think it should be a license to hold someone by the neck. I will help, that's not a question, but her favor was out of bounds. Iyon ang bukambibig niya hanggang sa preparation ng nalalapit na graduation.

"Nag-away na naman ba kayong dalawa?" Kuya confronted me one day when I got home.

I stressfully loosened my tie and hurled my case into the sofa.

If he's talking about Lumien, then yes! Tingin ko nga ay nag-away kami! What's wrong with her? Dumating na lang sa akin ang balita na tumakas daw ito sa sundo at hindi nagpaalam na sasama sa mga kaibigan!

She's not replying to my messages, too, for almost the whole day! I tried calling but she turned off her phone! Are you kidding me? This girl is freaking killing me!

"Lazaro! I'm asking you! Anong problema ninyo ni Eliza? Tito Gordon is upset about this!" his voice thundered.

Exhausted, I turned to my brother.

"It's still about that thing. She's being stubborn and immature so I have no choice but shut her out!"

Nalukot ang mukha ni Kuya. Bukod sa sinabi ko ay nakapagtaas pa ako ng boses. Napahilamos na lang ako ng kamay.

"Akala ko ba napag-usapan na natin ito? Can't you see the problem they are facing right now? Bakit hindi mo man lang mapagbigyan?"

"I already had plans, Kuya! Mas magiging busy ako dahil sa sariling kumpan-"

"Then consider this your training experience! She's not going to Canada to take a vacation. She's also there for business so what's the difference? I know you already had your Singapore plans but can't you take a rain check on that and consider this similar opportunity first?"

Hindi naging maganda ang daloy ng usapang iyon. I didn't like it when they're pushing and pressuring everything on me. I realized Eliza's fawning on my brother.

He forced me to attend a business function last time and take her with me as a date. Hindi ko rin nagustuhan ang naging resulta noon.

Even at the party and interviews, she shamelessly announced the business proposal she had in Canada. I knew it was her scheme to shove to my face that she won't back down. Especially now that it's publicized. She thought it could make me come with her.

Aniya'y makakatulong daw iyon sa kompanyang pinaghahandaan kong ipatayo. She's getting worse as time went by. Desperate, too, if I may add.

And on top of everything, my mind was filled with worries about Lumi's escapades. Pagod ako humilata sa kama. Pumikit at pinatong ang braso sa mukha.

My baby suddenly acted cold and I didn't even know why. Damn it.

Hindi naging maganda ang tulog ko dahil sa matinding pag-aalala. Dumating na lang ang panibagong umaga, hindi pa rin siya tumutugon sa mga text ko kaya naman napatawag na ako sa kapatid ko roon.

"You need to stay there until the end of the year, Victor. You have a lot of business to attend to!" Victoria gave me an earful.

Parang pumasok lang iyon sa kanang tenga ko at lumabas sa kabila. Nabanggit ko kasing baka mapaaga ang uwi ko dahil sa nangyayari. I don't know. Kapag hindi ko natiis ay baka uwian ko na ngayon.