Chapter 14

Tyrus' POV

"This is how it started."

12 years ago

Ever since we were born, mom was always the one taking care of me and Tyson. We never had a chance to meet our dad because mom told us that we will always be happy even without a dad.

We were only five years old when Tyson got rushed into the hospital. He had a hard time breathing and onced vomited alot of blood. The doctors checked on him and told us he had a very rare heart disease.

I was in agony hearing those words. I love my brother so much I'm willing to do anything to make him feel better.

We were seven years old when dad came home. And as expected, he was a bastard who only cares of himself.

One time, we were eating and I accidentally spilled a spoonful of rice. And it made him furious. He started beating me up like a punching bag while I suffer in pain.

He was about to do the same thing to Tyson, but luckily mom came home and stopped him.

I was badly beaten, but as long as Tyson is safe, I'm okay with it.

One time, Tyson came into my room and talked to me about something.

"Tryus.... thank you ah." Sambit niya na ikina-ngiti ko lang.

"Tyson, remember this... no matter what happens, I will always be there to protect you." Tyson is someone that matters to me alot. And I won't let anything bad happen to him, lalo na sa sitwasyon niyang may sakit siya.

Three years past by, I told my mom to join a Taekwondo team. It made her worried at first, but I convinced her that I can do it. Months and months of training, I promoted as a black belter soon. But that didn't stop me from continuing Taekwondo.

I suddenly met a two people who became one of my closest friends. The first one is Damian Dela Fuente, who is still in my Taekwondo team until now. He was the first person who knew about me and Tyson's situation about my dad. But the good thing is, he never judges me.

Then, a girl who I first fell in love with. Titania Roselle Acosta. She also knew about the situation I'm facing... but she did something different. She once accused me for something I didn't do.

That was beating her up. A group of boys ganged up at me and beat me up like a punching bag dahil sa paniniwala nila kay Roselle.

I was suspended for something I didn't do. But the good thing is I never admitted my feelings for her.

And then the worst part happened in my entire life. Tyson was rushed to the hospital because of his heart disease. But the worst part is we couldn't do anything to help him. The doctors did their best to treat him, but it was too late. Tyson is dead at the age of ten.

I never got a chance to say goodbye to him or give him my last words before he leaves.

Dad got furious at me and beated me up again.

"Kung hindi dahil sayo! Hindi sana namatay si Tyson! You are a disgrace to this family!" Honestly, sanay na ako eh. Sanay na akong mabintangan ng mga tao sa paligid ko na ako ang may kasalanan kahit hindi ako.

Good thing my mom came and helped me kay dad. As a result, pinalayas ni mom si dad sa pamamahay na to.

I'm in peace now. But it's not enough, dahil wala na si Tyson.

Years past by, I became a high school student. But during those times, mom needed to work abroad. I couldn't accept the fact that she will also leave me soon. I wanted her to stay pero hindi pwede. She's doing this for me, she doesn't want to leave me alone, pero she needs to. Para sa pangarap ko.

I'm all alone... alone at home... even when coming to school I always feel alone. Until I met Anakin and Riku.

They're the ones who noticed me the whole time. They knew what I've been going through the past years.

I never even noticed that they've been looking at me since my childhood. I now realized they are also the people I can trust. Aside from Damian who studied in another school.

"You know what Tyrus, I want to invite you to be part of our group." Sambit ni Anakin.

"What group?"

"Come with us." Sabi ni Riku. I had no choice but to follow them.

"Tyrus, welcome to Gen Z Spartans." Sabi ni Anakin. I was shocked honestly... I never expected to be part of this group.

They were very friendly, they're like brothers to me.

Demyx, that stupid pervert who always talks about green minded stuff.

Levi, who is like Albert Einstein because of his smart mind. What a genius though.

And Link, who is the complete joker in this group.

Anakin was the boss, while Riku thinks differently. He was the good boy in the squad.

Since they knew I was a player in Taekwondo, I was known as a fighter in this group.

"And that made me who I am now. I may be a fighter, but I'm very fragile deep inside." Pagkwento ko kay Kylie habang nagpipigil ng pag iyak.

"Tyrus..."

"Like I said, you don't need to be sorry. It's my fault in the first place."

"Hindi Tyrus. It's never your fault, you showed me the good side of yourself. You did everything para sa pamilya mo, and I'm sure Tyson will be proud of who you are. So don't think na nag iisa ka." Napangiti na lang ako sa sinabi niya at pinunasan ko ang mga luha ko na tumutulo.

"Thank you Kylie."

"No problem... TJ." Sambit niya na ikinakunot ng noo ko.

"TJ?"

"TJ! Tyrus Jordan ka diba? For now, TJ ang itatawag ko sayo." I kinda liked that name honestly.

"Sige ba... Gelai." Sambit ko na ikinalaki ng mata niya.

"Paano mo nalaman nickname ko?! Walang kahit sino ang tumatawag saakin ng Gelai ah!" Sambit ni Kylie na ikinatuwa ko lang.

"I didn't know Gelai was your nickname! Haha!"

"Ewan ko sayo, uwi na ako!" Sambit neto bago tumayo at naglakad palayo saakin.

"Mag ingat ka Gelai!" Sigaw ko sakanya.

Kylie was the first girl who I shared my problems with. I guess I could really trust her alot. Hehe.

Author's Note: Grabe pala yung pinagdadaanan ni Tyrus! 😢😢😢 Sakit no?

Anyways, any recommendations kung sino gusto niyong i-portray si Titania Roselle Acosta? Leave a comment below kung may ideas kayo.

Ayun lang, labyu all! ❤️❤️❤️