Chapter-53

Author's POV

The Next Day (Afternoon, around 2:30 pm)

Taani was working in the office but her whole concentration was on the night before. She returned home late last night and once the twin's nanny left she just slumped down on the bed besides the girls and embraced them tightly, sobbing softly missing Ansh in her arms more than ever. She never knew when she dozed of due to being drained both physically and emotionally.

She was confused what was happening in her life, she still haven't told Rey about the twins, honestly, she was scared about his reaction

She was confused what was happening in her life, she still haven't told Rey about the twins, honestly, she was scared about his reaction. She knew he would be hell angry at her for hiding his daughters from him. And hurt too. She didn't have it in herself to hurt him like that. On the other hand, she knew it was his right to know about his daughters, she can't possibly hide them for forever.

She was twirling the pen in her hands, busy in her thoughts when her phone rang, it was the kid's nanny's call. She picked it up,

"Hello! Yeah riya?"

Riya, the twin's nanny and Taani's good friend spoke from the other side,

"Taani, actually we got a problem. I just picked up the girls from their school but my car broke down in the middle of the way, now we are stuck here and there's no body nearby for help."

Taani's face tensed hearing her and she said,

"umm Riya, do one thing, tum vaha bachho ke sath wait karo. I am coming to pick you guys up."

Before she could hang up, Riya said from the other side,

"But Taani, how would you? Tumhare office se yahan ka road blocked hai due to landslide. Tumhe longer route lena padega. It will take you nearly an hour or so."

Taani clutched her head worriedly, and said,

"Okay Riya, you try to search for help till then I'll try to come as soon as I can..."

She was saying when she heard Riya's voice,

"Hey Taani, a car is coming this way. Iw ill try if we can find a lift. Okay bye!"

Taani didn't even get to reply when she hanged up. She huffed shaking her head and collected her bag storming out of the office, Kritika saw her leaving and asked,

"hey where are you going?"

"It's emergency Kriti, inform Avinash sir for me, I have to pick up the girls."

Kritika nodded understanding but till then she was already out of the office in the parking lot and driving her car off.

Here with the girls, Ruhika and Riddhima were sitting at the side of the road while Riya tried to stop the car that was coming but instead of stopping it just zoomed out of the way. Riya huffed and Riddhima giggled keeping her hand on her lips, Riya thinned her eyes at the girl saying fake accusingly,