one

You bow to Bang-PD and collect your belongings, preparing to begin your month-long vacation away from the spotlight.

Carefully, you fold your tentative comeback schedule into a small square and slip it into your back pocket. As you turn the corner, you hear cheery voices booming down the corridor.

"Hyung, come here!"

"No!"

"But hyung, your face wasn't in view."

As you approach the small crew of boisterous men, you exchange respectful bows. "Annyeong."

"You're here late," Taehyung states, his red hair flying in many directions as you would expect of a rowdy rascal. The phone in his hand suggests they were filming something.

"I had to finalize some things before leaving for break," you beam.

Taehyung opens his mouth and nods slowly. "Ahh."

Yoongi doesn't miss the opportunity to escape from Taehyung's loosened grip and cowers behind Jin's broad shoulders, seeking the eldest brother's protection.

"You're lucky you get a month," Yoongi laments. "We only get fourteen days, and that's after we finish this recording."

You apologize for their misfortune, although you don't really have anything to be sorry for. Suddenly, Namjoon bolts into the hallway from the recording studio, startling everyone with a joyous shout. "My verse is done. Let's go home!"

You cover your ears and giggle when Namjoon spots you and quickly bows. "Oh, that was a bit loud. Sorry about that."

You shrug it off. "I should get going—"

Just then, Jimin trots out with his little hands waving above his head and swaying his graceful hips. "I hit all my notes!" He hugs Taehyung, playfully falling into his arms, and then exchanges a bow with you in a more professional manner. Your back begins to ache from the constant gesture.

"The maknae will be last to leave, as usual. Let's head out without him," Namjoon suggests. "Hoseok's already picked up dinner."

"We can't leave Jungkookie. I'll stay behind," Jimin offers. The elders waste no time to discuss, immediately waving farewell and treading off on tired feet. Taehyung performs a unique handshake with Jimin before tailing them.

"Why am I still here?" you wonder aloud. "I only meant to pass by."

Jimin giggles and leans his back against the wall, smoothing his hair from his face with one hand. "You should leave. It's already dark out."

You bear weight on the wall beside him, deciding to accompany him a few minutes longer. "Eh, I could hang around. I'm on break anyway."

Jimin rests his head on the wall and shuts his eyes. Your gaze is drawn to him, having never before observed him this closely. You typically only see him in passing, so you steal a good look while his eyes are still closed and envy his perfect balance of features.

Pale, porcelain skin starkly contrasts with the messy black hair covering half his face despite how often he brushes it back. A sharp jawline frames his puffy cheeks and round lips like a paradox. It seems these combinations shouldn't be, but he works them beautifully and without effort.

He's blessed with a short torso and endless legs that boast strength and agility. His neck is handsomely long and thick while his oversized sweatshirt helps to widen the appearance of his shoulders. Is all this intentional, or is he literally perfect?

"Any plans for vacation?" he asks, softly opening his eyes to stare at the light fixture on the opposite wall, eyelids fluttering like butterflies' wings as he adjusts to the brightness.

You shake your head and tap your foot at a slow tempo, falling from your aimless train of thoughts. "Nope, nothing comes to mind."

He straightens himself against the wall and pouts at his shoes. "You should travel if you can. Our group isn't permitted to leave South Korea during our break. Security reasons."

You shoot a sorrowful look and suddenly form an idea.

"Hey, let's tour South Korea together."

He tongues his cheek while considering your words. Wow, it's a sexy sight to see.

"What do you mean?" he asks.

You go for it. "Let's meet up at dawn and take the first train to whatever destination. It'll be fun."

His eyes widen into two sparkling globes, pupils dancing with curiosity. "It doesn't sound like you have this planned."

"I don't," you concede. "I like to live spontaneously. Will you come?"

You've done things like this before, booking a flight on a whim or spending the night somewhere you didn't want the fun to end. He looks uncertain at first, but you bait him with puppy dog eyes until he gives in. "I'll come. But what if fans spot us together?"

You quietly clap your hands together and smile brightly at his compliance. Then, you make a cute face and shrug. "We'll run like crazy."

His eyes shrink from globes to crescents as he laughs, and his shoulders smoothly bob like a boat in the sea. "They might think we're dating."

"That would be a dream come true for you, wouldn't it?" you lightheartedly joke, grabbing hold of his sweater's sleeve to keep yourself from keeling over in a giggling fit.

On a more serious note, you clutch his hand in yours and peer into his eyes. "We don't have to worry about that, though. We're just friends. '95 line, right?"

He nods and coolly poses with his hands in his pockets. "Right. But we still have to be sneaky," he mentions. "We could wear disguises."

You put your hand to your chin and brainstorm, adding to the list of precautions. "Don't wear anything too expensive, and don't wear your favorite clothing."

He puckers his lips like a baby duckling and nods again. "Should be easy."

Excitedly, you trade phone numbers and promise to be at Seoul station precisely at the crack of dawn. Your heart races as you imagine the possibilities.

Normally, you'd engage in these risky endeavors as a solo, flying just under the radar and slipping under the tips of the public's noses merely for your own entertainment. But now you'll have a companion to split the mischief. You'll have to work twice as hard to protect each other, but it'll be double the fun in the end.

You've never done something quite like this before.