Chapter 7

Once dressed, Janie heads out of the house after giving Dennis and Tabitha a hug and she goes to school

Once dressed, Janie heads out of the house after giving Dennis and Tabitha a hug and she goes to school. Edward's Volvo is gone, but that doesn't bother Janie. Janie looks at Alice, who is already looking at her. She's walks over to where Jessica and the others are while enabling her car alarm.

Jessica kicks the soccer ball at her suddenly. Janie is quick on her feet and she dribbles it before kicking the ball to an impressed Mike. She and Jess high-five each other before Janie heads toward her first period US History class. She greets the teacher before she goes to her desk.

The blonde pulls her notebook out for notes and her text book right as Jasper enters the classroom. He easily ignores the girls fawning over him as he heads to his seat.

"They seem to like you," Jamie says, her southern accent poking through like it always does when she says more than hi to someone.

Jasper had heard the southern accent ever since she started and was always talking to her human friends.

"Is that a southern accent I hear?" Jasper asks.

"Yes, sir," Janie replies. "You can't say much, Jasper Hale. You have one, too."

Jasper goes to respond and ask her where she's from, but the bell rings. Jasper sighs and he leans back. Janie gets her pencil ready and Mr. Jefferson gets started.
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Emmett watches as Janie kicks a soccer ball around with Eric in gym. She does good. Emmett has yet to speak with her, he knows Alice and Jasper have. Alice spoke to her yesterday at lunch and she won't shut up about it, how sweet Janie is. And Jasper mentioned it at lunch.

"I think Cullen wants a chat," Eric states.

Janie turns to look at Emmett and Emmett nods. She smirks at Eric, who nods in enthusiasm before he goes elsewhere for the gym free day. Janie freestyles with the ball and she kicks ot to Emmett skillfully. Emmett is quick to catch it with his feet, dribble and kick back.

"I'm Emmett," he claims.

"I know, my friend Jessica has a big mouth," Janie muses. "I'm Janie." 

Janie kicks the ball back. Emmett smiles at her before coach Clapp tells everyone to change back. Janie jogs off to the dressing room.
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Janie finishes the school day and she heads to the local diner with Jessica, Mike, Angela, Tyler, and Eric after she called her dad and told him. They get a table and get burgers and fries each. Jessica, Angela, and Eric get sweet teas. Mike and Tyler get Coca Cola, and Janie gets a sprite to drink.

Cora, the waitress, writes everything down and she walks away. She brings the drinks first but the food continues to cook.

"I had three Cullens talk to me within the last two days," Janie states.

"Which ones?" Jess asks.

"First it was Alice, she talked to me yesterday," Janie replies. "Then Jasper spoke to me in our history class first period. Emmett and I spoke in gym, and kicked a soccer ball. Eric knows that. He's the one that urged it to happen."

Mike nudges Eric and Eric rolls his eyes. Jessica looks happy for Janie, and so does Angela. Tyler looks slightly jealous. Tyler has had a thing for Janie since he saw her get out of her car on her first day. Even if she's not into him.

"I knew he liked you!" Jessica says with a smile.

"He was friendly," Janie says, "nothin' more."

Cora brings the food over before Tyler can make a fool out of himself, which makes him relieved. Everyone digs into their food. Everyone splits the bill. Janie smiles at her group of friends. She's glad Dennis gives her cash to use while she's out with friends. Her unlimited credit card is for shopping or when she's paying for stuff herself. The cash is for stuff like this. Splitting the bill with her friends.

Janie heads home later on after goofing around with the guys. Dennis and Tabby are watching Friends on tv when Janie walks in. She bids her good nights to them and she goes to bed.