Chapter 45

It's the end of the first week of September, fourteen days after the wedding, and she has a disturbing vision. She asks Sam and Carlisle for permission before she and the kids go over. Alice had the very same vision. About Bella.

Alice grabs her phone when she realizes that Janie had the same vision as her at the same time. When that happens, it's usually something big.

"Bella, are you all right?" Alice asks as soon as Bella picks up.

"I'm not one hundred percent sure," Bella replies.

"Why? What's wrong?" Alice asks. "Janie and I just..."

"You just what?" Bella asks. "Alice, what did you and Janie see?"

"Here's Carlisle," Alice says and she passes the doctor the phone.

"Bella, what's going on?" Carlisle asks while Nico plays with a ten-month-old Norma.

"I don't know," Bella replies. "I'm a little worried. Can vampires go into shock?"

"Has Edward been harmed?" Carlisle asks and Esme begins to worry.

"No," Bella replies. "I know it's impossible, but I think that I'm pregnant."

Janie drops the fork in her hand. She had made herself a salad while Alice was calling Bella. Emmett places a hand on Janie's now tense shoulder.

"Whoa!" Bella gasps. "I swear, something just moved inside me."

"Is this even possible?" Edward asks after grabbing the phone.

"I don't know," Carlisle replies as Emmett soothes Janie. "The sooner Bella's here, the sooner we can find out What it is. I need you to get to the mainland at once."

"Yeah, yeah. I will."
⚜️⚜️⚜️

Janie paces the foyer of the downstairs when she sees Edward and Bella walk in. She slaps the hell out of Edward, making his face swing to the side, and she hugs Bella. Bella exhales in relief of the wolf and she hugs her back. Janie called and left Sam's pack. She went back to being a lone wolf. So that she can be here with Bella.

"Come on," Janie coos. "Just so you know... I'm pro-baby."

Bella smiles and she allows Janie to lead her upstairs. Bella picks up Norma when she reaches for her and Carlisle walks up to Bella. Edward flashes in and he takes Norma as Carlisle places a hand on Bella's stomach. The doctor rips his hand away when he feels the movement Bella felt.

Carlisle looks at Bella. "Come to the basement with me. I want to do some tests. Is that okay?"

Bella nods and she follows him. Edward puts Norma down and he follows them. Norma squeals happily, unaware of what's going on with Bella, and she crawls over to Jasper and she reaches. The empath smiles adoringly and he picks up the baby.

"Hey, little one," he greets, his southern twang heavy like Janie's. "Be lucky you don't understand anything yet. We are in for a wild ride."

"Yes, we are," Janie replies and Jasper sends her a smile.

Jasper begins walking with Norma as she starts babbling. Nico walks over to Emmett and he holds up his Batman and Joker action figures. Emmett lights up like a Christmas tree and he gets in the floor with Nico. Janie sighs at the sight and she sits beside Rosalie and Tobias on the love seat.