Chapter 33

Once Norma is with esme and Janie is dressed, she drives her Malibu to school

Once Norma is with esme and Janie is dressed, she drives her Malibu to school. She smiles at everyone as she passes and Jessica avoids her while she texts Embry. Jess feels ashamed and angry at herself for abandoning Janie when everyone else did, but she felt weird being away from her parents. Jess will be leaving for college, but will video chat with Embry every single day.

Janie goes through her day fairly easily. She sits with her usual group at lunch, she sits beside Tobias, though. Edward and Bella are there. So are Angela, Eric, Mike, and Jessica. Janie isn't surprised to see the entire bunch. Tyler is off with his girlfriend, Lauren something, Janie never personally met her. She knows Tyler's with someone because he bragged about it when she said yes, finally.

"My fello students," Mike says as he attempts to write Jessica's valedictorian speech. "Cool... right? Wow. Okey, right? - - cute. We are the future. Anything is possible... if you jusy believe..."

"Nice!" Angela praises, making Janie grin in amusement.

"Blah, blah, blah... perfect," Mike says and he rips out a piece of paper and he hands it to Jessica. "And you got yourself a speech."

"No, this will be my speech... when I want everyone to throw their diplomas at my head," Jessica says. "So... thank you." She crumples up the paper and throws it back at Mike.

"Ya gotta embrace the cliches, Jess," Mike muses.

"They have the bread and butter of all valedictorians," Eric adds.

"And that is why you're not valedictorian," Angela says to her boyfriend. "And Jess doesn't need cliches. Speech is gonna be epic."

"Epic?" Jessica grins. "It'll change lives."

Alice and Jasper come and join them. Jasper sits on the other side of Janie and Alice sits beside Edward.

"I've decided to throw a party," Alice chirps.

"After all, how many times are we gonna graduate high school?" Jasper asks, earning a sharp elbow in the side from Janie. "Janie..."

"What?" She asks, batting her eyelashes innocently.

Jasper sighs and he doesn't even spare her another glance, which makes her pout a little. Janie suddenly groans lightly, only audible to the vampires. She grips onto Jasper's arm and he thinks for Edward and Tobias to keep an eye on Alice and he gets Janie out of the cafeteria.

Jasper feels Janie's grip loosen and be looks at her, he sees her eyes glazed over and that she is in a vision. He looks into the cafeteria and sees that Alice is in thr same predictment. It's why he told Tobias and Edward to keep an eye on Alice. When it's something big, Alice and Janie both have visions at the same time.

The empath leans against he locker as he waits patiently for Janie to come to, and when she does, she looks worried.

"Victoria," she whispers.

Jasper straightens. "Do you need anything?"

"I need to get an ibuprofen from my locker," Janie replies, and she walks away.

Jasper sighs and he goes back into the cafeteria.
⚜️⚜️⚜️

      Emmett looks at the white wolf with blue eyes and up at the full moon

Emmett looks at the white wolf with blue eyes and up at the full moon. The night Victoria makes an appearance when they're home, and Janie has to turn.

"You sure this is where you two saw her?" Jasper asks Alice, knowing Edward isn't here to translate Janie's thoughts.

"She's almost here," Alice replies as she stands on the other side of Janie's wolf. "On your left!"

Emmett explodes to his left. Rosalie and Tobias are right behind him. Jasper and Carlisle go wide. Esme and Alice follow in the rear while Janie runs at a steady yet faster than normal wolf speed. Janie jumps the treaty with Victoria since she's not a vampire and she's s with Sam, Paul, Jared, Jacob, and Embry.

Victoria looks back and sees a large pack of wolves. She grows nervous and she jumps across the ravine once more. Janie stays with the pack as Emmett grabs Victoria by the hair and shoulders. Victoria uses the momentum to her advantage and she flings Emmett off of her and into a tree. Victoria jumps across the ravine again and Emmett, seeing red, jumps after her.

Emmett hears a growl and he turns around. He comes face-to-face with Paul's wolf. Paul growls with bravado. Janie growls lowly from beside Sam as Emmett smiles. Victoria looks back and she seems surprised by the situation but she studies the conflict as Emmett and Paul charge at each other and once they collide, they roll a dozen yards in the dirt.

"Oh, my god, Emmett's an idiot!"

Sam looks at Janie. "Repeat thst thought."

Janie looks at him. "Emmett's an idiot. Wait. I can mind-link with you guys?"

"Yes!" Jared replies. "Dude, you're so much cooler now!"

Janie's wolf raises an eyebrow. "I'm only like this until the sun raises."

"Still, cool," Jared replies.

Janie huffs and she takes a running start and she jumps across the ravine.

"Janie, come over in the morning," Sam mind-links, and the small solid white, blue-eyed wolf turns to face him. "I have a proposition for you."

Janie nods and she trots over to Rosalie, who kneels beside her and strokes her head as they wait for Emmett to finish being an idiot.