Chapter 25

Janie watches as Dennis holds both Norma and Nico a few days later. Janie has official custody of Norma. The adoption should be finalized by May the first.

"I got them, go get ready for school," Dennis says.

"Are you sure?" Janie asks.

"Janie Macie," Dennis says. "Go. You turn in about two weeks. Enjoy it. You're gonna me sore for about a week after your first phase."

Janie nods and she goes upstairs. Dennis smiles at Norma. She looks just like Janie did when she was a newborn. Tabitha comes in and she picks up Norma.

"Who will she have babysit?" Tabby asks.

"Probably Mrs. Stanley or Sue Clearwater," Dennis replies as he coos at Nico.

Tabitha smiles. "We got them today, though."

"Oh yeah," Dennis replies. "We do."
⚜️⚜️⚜️

            Jessica runs over and she hugs Janie as soon as she gets out of her Malibu

            Jessica runs over and she hugs Janie as soon as she gets out of her Malibu. "Norma?"

"She's with dad and mother today," Janie says. "I'll need a sitter after today."

"I already spoke with my mom," Jessica says as they girls head inside. "She agreed to watch her through the week."

"Your mom is heaven sent," Janie says. "Wanna help me pick out a house after school? I gotta pick up Norma, but..."

"Yes!" Jessica muses. "Count me in, Janie."
⚜️⚜️⚜️

           Jessica holds Norma while Janie looks around the first house. It's HUGE. Jessica has decided she's taking the first year or so off of college. She's not ready to leave town yet. Jess and Janie are getting a place together. Them and Norma.

"How many bedrooms does this one have?" Jess asks.

"Give," Janie replies. "Too big."

"Yeah," Jessica replies with ease. "Next one is near the Cullens."

Janie nods and Norma gets fussy.

"She sticks," Jess complains and she crinkles her nose. "Let me see the diaper bag. I'll change her in the car. Look around a little more."

Janie nods and she hands her the diaper bag and she walks through the five bedroom house. She shakes her head and she leaves. This is too big. A good three or four bedroom would suffice for three people.

Jessica gets Norma strapped back in and they go to the next house. Which is perfect. Janie then drives to the bank, pulls off the amount, and she buys the house. Once it's bought, she heads back to her dad and Tabby's after dropping Jessica off.

"Did you find a place?" Tabitha asks.

"Jess and I, and Norma," Janie replies. "We found one."

"I'll help you pack tomorrow when you're done with school," Tabitha says.

Janie nods but sighs at Tabby's rush. She carries Norma upstairs to her room and she lays her in her bed. She surrounds the baby in pillows and she begins packing early.