Chapter 34

Janie does as Sam asked; as soon as she got up in human form the next morning, she gets dressed and she drives to La Push

               Janie does as Sam asked; as soon as she got up in human form the next morning, she gets dressed and she drives to La Push. Carlisle is still searching for any possible information. But he's having no luck. Janie might very well have to go to Italy.

Janie is hugged as soon as she gets out of her Chevy Malibu at Sam's house and when the mystery person pulls away, she finds Embry. She punches him playfully and she follows him inside Sam's. Sam smiles at her and Paul smirks up at her.

"Hey, Sam," Janie greets.

"Hey, Janie," Sam greets in return. "Have a seat."

Janie furrows her eyebrows and she walks over and sits with Paul and Jared on the couch. "What's up?"

"I knew you were a child of the moon already, Tabby King filled me in," Sam says. "But during the full moon and chase last night, I learned that you could communicate with us in your head while in wolf form. I'd like you to join the pack."

"What?" Janie gasps. "Really?"

"You're not a member of the blo... of the vampire coven, are you?" Paul asks, quickly correcting himself before he said bloodsucker and risk Janie slaughtering him.

"I'm not," Janie replies. "Could i speak with Emmett first? We are together, after all."

"Of course," Sam replies. "Take all the time you need. Just remember... You're a wolf, not a blood sucker."

Janie nods her head. "Thank you. I'll be back with the answer... I have a question."

"Shoot," Sam states.

"Will I have to live in La Push if I join?" Janie asks.

"Since you're not Quiluete blood, no," Sam replies.

"I'll see you soon," Janie says and she leaves the house.
⚜️⚜️⚜️⚜️

             "Sam wants you to join the pack?" Carlisle asks. "That would be good for you."

"Yeah, and not be a lone wolf," Emmett says. "God, that sounded depressing," he says as he holds a sleeping Norma, who has her head resting on his silent chest.

"I to,d him I'd talk to everyone first and then give him my answer," Janie says. "Carlisle, have you found anything on the children of the moon?"

"You ,ugh really have to go to Volterra and talk to the kings," Carlisle claims.

"When?" Janie asks.

"After you graduate," Carlisle says, "so that you don't miss school and you can go across that line."

Janie nods. "Thank you, Carlisle, for trying."

"You're family," Carlisle says softly. "I'd do that and more."

Emmett stands carefully and he carried Norma upstairs. He goes Rosalie and Tobias' bedroom. A shirtless Tobias is laying alone in the bed. He nods in greeting at Emmett. Emmett returns the gesture and lays Norma in the crib that Rosalie keeps because she watches Norma when Norma's here, she adores that baby. That's why she hasn't went on a vacation like she wanted. She has a baby around the house to fawn over.

"I'll watch her," Tobias assures Emmett. "Go see your girl."

Emmett smiles and he nods. "Thanks, man."

"Rose will be back from her hunt soon," Tobias says.

Emmett only nods and he goes to his room, finding Janie laying there, in a pair of black lace panties and no shirt. Emmett quickly closes his door back, he's glad Janie closed his door. He rips his shirt off and he rushes toward her.