Chapter 35

(^^^ Norma, 7 months old)

              Janie has switched to homeschool but she'll still graduate with her class; she's spending the day with the pack. She's officially a pack member. Quil Ateara recently phased and joined. Emily is playing with Norma in the floor now. Emily grew attached to Norma within an hour. She and Sam have been trying for a baby.

Paul enters the room and he picks up Norma, making Emily scowl. Paul smiles as the baby girl smiles. Emily smiles, she thinks the hothead looks adorable with a baby who makes him smile. Paul hears a truck pull up outside.

"Bella and Jake are here!" Jared yells suddenly, making Norma squeal excitedly, she scored Jared.

Jared takes her. "Hey, Buddy."

The pack, Janie too, go outside to see them. Bella tenses when she sees the entire pack. Janie has made her nervous since that night she wanted a vote for her immortality. Bella sighs in relief and surprise when Embry and Janie smile at her. Bella can't help but also think Janie looks so... she stands out more with the pack because she's pale and has blonde hair, but she does look like she belongs. Bella can't see it but Janie has a tattoo of the moon phases, her dad approved of it since he sent her the money.

 Bella can't see it but Janie has a tattoo of the moon phases, her dad approved of it since he sent her the money

"Look who's back!" Embry muses.

"Whatup, Bella?" Quil asks as he stands in between Embry and Janie.

"Quil, you too?" Bella asks.

"Yep," Quil replies. "Finally made the pack. I'm glad you're here, Bella. Maybe we can get a break from Jake's inner obsessive inner monologue." 

"I wish Bella would ball," Paul teases.

"I wish Bella wouldn't call," Jared chimes in as he switches Norma from his right arm to his left.

"Maybe i should call Bella." Embry.

"Maybe I should call Bella amd hang up." Quil.

"Alright, you can shut up now," Jacob muses.

The guys rough house when Janie takes the baby. Bella smiles at the laughing and playful guys. Leah Clearwater leaves the house. It's no surprise that she's wearing a scowl. She hates being here.

Leah pauses when she sees the baby. She smiles a little but freezes when Norma looks at her and their eyes meet. Janie grins a little when she sees that Leah has imprinted on her daughter. Leah turns and she sees Bella, the scowl finds her face again as she leaves the porch.

"Bella, this is Leah Clearwater," Jacob introduces. "Harry's daughter."

"And the one who made sure I wasn't the only female in a pack full of disgusting men," Janie says and Jared gasps, feigning hurt.

Jacob rolls his eyes but he smi,es.

"Hey," Bella greets Leah. "I'm really sorry about your father."

"If you're here to torture Jacob some more, feel free to leave."

Leah moves toward Janie when Sam and Emily leave the hosts. She looks at Janie and Janie nods. Leah carefully takes her imprint.

"Hi," Leah coos as Emily gives Bella a hug.

"Bella!" Emily smiles. "Hi. I was wondering when we'd see your face around here again."

"Yeah, same here," Bella replies.

"Sam, we good?" Jacob asks.

"Yeah, we're good," Sam replies.

"Thd redhead won't be getting through our line anytime soon," Janie claims with a smirk.

"Here's your mama," Leah coos and she passes Norma back to Janie. "You're not back that I...?"

"No," Janie replies. "It's better you than one of the guys."

Leah smiles and she gives Janie a one armed hug. She sees sam and Emily kiss, she actually feels good and not hurt. Leah smiles and she walks off. She phases before running into the woods, surprising Bella.
⚜️⚜️⚜️

             Janie heads home, which is at the Cullen house now. Rosalie takes Norma while Esme gets Janie into the living room for her school work. Where Janie started homeschooling due to the pack schedule, Esme has decided she would be her teacher.

Carlisle smiles at his mate before he goes upstairs to see the baby. Esme sits with Janie and they start their lesson.