|Tomoe, A Prodigy|

We were running beside Sensei Ishikawa. I told him more about the death of my father and he told me some stories about him that I never heard about.

"He once wanted to protect us from a boar, but the sword was to heavy. So when he swinged the sword it got stuck in a tree."

I laughed at the memory. We continued running till Sensei Ishikawa asked something.

"Who else made it out of Komoda?"

"No one knows," Jin said.

"Are there any others that can fight back?"

"Besides us? I don't know yet."

"You'd better find out quickly, we can't free your Uncle by ourselves."

We arrived at a little road and saw some footprints. "I can help you track your student," Sakai said.

"I need no help tracking Tomoe."

"Tomoe? A woman?" Jin said, sounding surprised.

I nudged him with my elbow and he looked at me. I glared for a second so he could understand that I was not having it. He mouthed a small sorry before continuing.

"From what clan?"

"No clan. A peasant... But she can outshoot any samurai I know. Even you Sakai," Sensei chuckled.

"I like her," I suddenly exclaimed.
Jin rolled his eyes at my words.
Jin started saying that the last time he saw Sensei was ten years ago. Ishikawa told me that he came to study with him. I acted like I didn't know all of that, since I technically also 'studied' with them.

"You remember?"

"I remember most of my students I reject."

Jin frowned. "Instead you took this Tomoe as your student?"

"You showed promise. Tomoe is a prodigy."

I looked forward and saw a group of Mongols. "Mongols on our path!"
After we fought them of Sensei started talking. "They fight like drunk tanuki." To which Jin replied, "They fought well enough on Komoda."

"Even tanuki can catch a tiger when it's sleeping."

After a lot of Sensei's comebacks and Jin's frowning we found somethings. "Sensei, Sakai, I found something!" "It's a Japanese quiver," Jin said. "A gift... To my greatest student," Sensei whispered.
We also had found some blood.
Sensei started shaking his head. "Tomoe would never leave that quiver behind..." "Unless she was pursued," Jin said. "... Or captured."
"I dont think she's captured... Isn't she like... Really good?" I said, joining there conversation. "(Y/n) has a point. And why would they even capture her," Jin said. Sensei answered, "Interrogation, torture or even something worse..."
"They may be doing the same to my uncle." "Fear is a weapon, Sakai. Don't let the Mongols use it against you, or you Kaneto," he turned to me. I nodded and started to ask where they could possibly take Tomoe.

"Fort Nakayama."

"What are we waiting for? Let's go!"

I started running, leaving the two Samurai behind. "She has the spirit." "Indeed she does," Sakai answered.

Sensei told us that he should have fought with us, to which Jin replied he shouldn't. "We've lost enough, Sensei," I told him. "Why did the samurai fail," he asked. "They fought like animals -"
"Wrong answer."
Jin - who had a frown on his face - turned to look at Ishikawa. "I saw it with my own eyes."

"An archer's aim relies not on eyes, but on body, mind and spirit."

Sensei suddenly stopped. "Is there something wrong?" I asked. "We need to talk." He pulled something from behind, a bow. "This bow was a gift to me from lord Nagao many years ago."
"Whoa! It's beautiful!" I exclaimed a little to excited. "Of course it is. And there's nothing more painful to me than a perfect bow ineptly used."
Jin joined the conversation by saying, "Then it's a good thing you're giving it to me." I froze and turned to look at him. He looked back and just shrugged. Sensei chuckled and I turned back to look at him. "Who said anything about giving?" I turned back around and smirked at Jin. He just rolled his eyes. "Proof you can shoot straight and I'll let you borrow it." I giggled at Sensei's words, till he looked at me. "Kaneto, you will do the same. Your bow is maybe not a gift but it's still great... And a better size for you." Sensei gave me a bow and I stared at it with admiration and nodded.
We both took our bows and aimed them at the targets. Flawlessly, the arrows hit the targets. "How did it feel?" "Like it was made for me," Jin said. "I agree." "But it wasn't, so take good care of the bows."