One Year Later

Draco

It had been almost a year since the battle of Hogwarts, it had been almost a year since the love of my life died.

Everyday I miss seeing her, I miss talking to her, I just miss her.

Within the past year, my father had been sent to Azkaban, my mother went through a trial, my parents divorced, Ricky moved in officially, and too many other things.

Only one thing was constantly in my head, L.

Some nights I stay up and read her favorite muggle books, I remember at Hogwarts she always would read them during breakfast while everyone else talked. I remember how her hair would sometimes fall gently on her face and she would tuck it behind her ear, I remember how her lips slowly mouthed the words as she read.

If I wasn't reading her favorite books at night then I would just lay there. Constantly asking myself what I could have done to save her, what if I didn't let her go with Potter, what if I stayed and didn't let my mother take me. Occasionally I would feel a warm stream fall from my eyes, though I never let it fall onto the books.

"Draco?" my mother knocked at my door.

"Come in."

"I just wanted to let you know that I will be out for a while," She came over to me and sat down on my bed. "Can I get you anything?"

"No I am fine."

"Okay, Ricky will also be coming with me."

I nodded acknowledging what she had said, shortly after this, she left the room.

I missed Ellie so much, all I want to do is hug her again, kiss her again, or even just hear her voice again.

I promised her that I would move on if something happened to her, but I can't just move on from her. She was the one, L was the only person I wanted to be with, she is the love of my life and I can't just move on from her. She was my person.

I kick myself everyday because I know that she would just want me to be happy, but I can't be happy without her.

She knew that she wasn't going to see me again, she knew what was going to happen to her, that's why she made me promise her all those things. She needed to die knowing that I would eventually be okay.

Although I am not happy, I often think about how she hopefully is. She gets to be with Cedric again, she is with her father, she has people there with her. Well, wherever 'there' is.

And as much as I try to focus on the fact that she is happy, all I want is to see her.
——-

Hermione

"Morning everyone." I said as I came down the stairs.

"Hi." Ron greeted me with a kiss on the forehead.

"Just so everyone is aware, Narcissa Malfoy and Ricky Hoss are coming over later today." Molly announced. (She told me to call her Molly from no on, it still feels weird)

"Yes, they are coming over to discuss Ellie." Arthur chimed in.

It had been almost a year since I saw her, well technically 5 months but we haven't actually had a conversation in almost a year.

I often thought about her, but I filled my schedule with work in order to try to take my mind off of it. After all of this time I should have probably come to terms with it, but I couldn't, I wouldn't.

A few hours passed and we heard a knock on the door.

"Come in Narcissa." Molly greeted the two guests.

"Thank you for letting us come over so we can talk."

Molly, Arthur, Mrs. Malfoy, Ricky, Harry, Ron, and I sat at the table.

"So how is she?" Mrs. Malfoy asked.

"She is okay, right now she is living in England and working as a waitress. She lives in a small house in the town she's in, I believe she might even have gotten a dog. Though we haven't actually talked to her, for her own safety, we have someone in the neighboring house making sure that she is okay."

"I am glad to hear that she is okay." Mrs. Malfoy talked with Molly. "Though I haven't told Draco yet, I know he would do anything to see her, and we just can't risk it. We don't know how either of them will react."

"What are you talking about? Who is She?" Ricky almost demanded an answer, though he knew who we were talking about.

"Sweetheart, Elizabeth is alive."
——-