The Life of a Rose

Ellie

I woke up this morning and for some reason I knew today would be good.

I got dressed, ate a little bit of toast, and left for work.

The sun was shining down on me, as I drove to work. I waved at a few of my neighbors as I left. Though I had only lived here for about a year, I became close friends with most of the people on my block.

Once I got to work, I was greeted by my best friend, Nimah.

She was one of the smartest people I knew and the two of us spent a lot of our time in the bookstore just down the street.

"Morning Rosie!"

"Someone is in a happy mood today, what's new?"

"Well, I had a date with someone last night!"

"Nimah! I am so jealous! I don't even remember the last time I had a date."

"Yeah, I honestly don't know how we met but it just kinda happened and we really hit it off. I'll tell you all about it later, are we on for drinks tonight at your house?"

"Definitely, and you need to meet Doug."

Though it might sound like Doug was a hot and mysterious guy, that is not him at all. Doug is my dog, I rescued him so I am not sure what breed he is.

My shift went by very quickly and soon enough I had one more table to take their order then I got off.

I looked down at my paper, "So what can I get started for you guys today?"

"Ellie?" The boy looked up at me with tears in his eyes.

"No sorry, I'm Rose."

"Excuse him, you look very similar to someone we used to know." A woman who looks like she is his mother buts in. She has familiar hair, it is black but the bottom half is white.

I continued to take their order, they both gave me odd looks and I could feel them watching me. Once they paid, it was finally time for me to head home.

I gave Nimah a ride to my house where we both sat on the couch and watched a show on the tv.

"Shit, I left my wallet at work." I remembered I had taken it out of my purse to put in the cash tips I had gotten.

"Do you want me to go with you?"

"No it'll only take 10 or so minutes, good thing we don't close until 11 tonight."

I got back into my car and drove back to work to get my wallet. The drive went by a lot faster than normal.

I walked into the restaurant, we were pretty busy right now. I was glad that I Nimah and I were off tonight so we could have a girls night.

"Rose, what are you doing here?" Hudson, one of the other serves, asked.

"Hey, sorry I just forgot my wallet in the back when I was working earlier."

"So since you're here, I was meaning to ask you something. Can you wait in the back until I finish taking this table's order?"

"Yeah totally."

I began to walk away from Hudson when someone bumped into me causing me to fall to the ground.

"Watch where you're going." I snapped at him.

"Sorry," He turned to me and held out his hand, but his face went white. "L?"

"No sorry."

"Don't be sorry, you just look like someone who I used to know." His face still was white, he looked like he had seen a ghost.

"Are you okay? You don't look too good."

"Sweetheart are you okay?" A girl with a familiar squeaky voice ran over to him.

"Yeah I am fine." I could tell she was interested in him, but he was not interested in her.

After she checked on him, she looked up at me, "Ellie!?"

"No, I'm sorry. Seems like lots of people have me mistaken for her today."

"Hey Rose, are you ready to talk? Oh sorry, I didn't know you were busy." Hudson came up to the three of us.

"I'm not busy, let's talk." The man who I was helping looked angry as Hudson approached. "I hope you find who you are looking for."

Hudson and I walked into the back room.

"So, I was just wondering if you would like to go out to dinner with me some time?"

"Yes, I would love to."

"Okay well then it's a date."

Although I agreed to a date with Hudson, there was just something about the guy that I bumped into earlier that I can't get out of my head. Something about him was familiar, and that girl he was with.

——-

Draco

I can't believe it, I know that was L. But it can't be, she's dead. I had to talk to my mother about it.

"Mother?" I had just gotten home from visiting Pansy's parents in England, my mother convinced me to give her another chance.

"We are in the kitchen."

"So I have a question for you. Ellie is dead, right?"

"Why would you even ask that?"

"Well, Pansy and I went to a restaurant for dinner while we were visiting her parents in London, and I swear I saw her."

Ricky's jaw dropped, "Mrs. Malfoy, we need to."

"Draco, please sit down for a second. Elizabeth was not doing well, she was very sick and the doctors kept trying to stable her. Luckly, after a while she stabilized. They kept a close eye on her for about a month, she still hadn't woken up yet, but there was still life in her. She was fighting with the darkness the Voldemort had put inside of her when he tried to kill her. But she is very strong, she had fought off the curse before, but this time was different. The curse was a lot stronger and it took a lot out of her. A month after she was brought in, she woke up. She was scared and wouldn't let anyone come near her. The Weasleys and I talked about what we thought we should do to help her. The doctors offered multiple different ways to help her, one was to keep her in the hospital and hope that she got better, the second was to take her to the Burrow and hope that maybe she would feel more comfortable at home, and the last was to take away her memories of it."

"So that was her?"

"Let me finish, we talked for a while and decided on the last one. We knew it would be for the best, we took her memories away, but they are kept at the hospital in case we decide to return them. So she is living in a small town outside of London where she works as a waitress and I believe that she is—. Well that is irrelevant."

"Tell me."

"I believe that she is actually seeing someone right now, he is another server at the restaurant she works at. But she goes by Rose Johnson, Rose is her middle name, and Johnson is her mother's maiden name."

My mind was now in a full on sprint. After my mother and I finished out talk, I went up to my room.

I knew I needed to see her.

——-

For me today is Christmas, if you celebrate it I just want to with you a Happy Christmas/ Holidays! As a gift to you guys, I decided to publish 2 chapters today! Love you all so much!!
-E.B.